10 dorm must-haves and how to WIN them!

​Want the coolest dorm on campus? We’ve scoured the web and come up with 10 items to help you get there. Best part? We’re giving away every single one!!! Details below.

1. Retro fridge from Pottery Barn - perfect for keeping those Red Bulls chilled for late night cram sessions.

2. iPhone Projector - next time you want to show friends a funny youtube video, you can project it on your wall!

3. Marquee Question Mark - we think this would look awesome hanging above your Macbook! 

4. Indulgent foods pillows from Uncommon Goods - because these are too sweet to pass up!

5. Fish hotel from Urban Outfitters - just because you can’t bring your dog to to school with you doesn’t mean you have to go totally pet free!

6. Waiting room magazine rack - stay organized with these vintage style shelves!

7. Gold polka dot wall decals - because dorm room walls are so boring! Time to bring some real glamour to your abode!

8. Open Up Game - ask revealing questions! What an awesome icebreaker for a dorm!

9. Massive Instagram Poster - Choose up to 200 photos! What a great way to display your favorite summer memories!

10. Boombox bean bag - you’ll want to hang out all day and listen to music on this cool bean bag! 

To enter our dorm room contest, simply create a profile sharing your college application details and advice. It’s totally anonymous, and on top of being entered in the contest, you get paid every time applicants view your content! Every student who creates a profile between now and August 31st is entered in the contest. 

Winners will be notified by email on September 1st and their admitsee screen names will be listed on a September 1st blog post. We’ll send the item to your dorm - or send you credit to the site if you prefer! Contact us with any questions! We’re the site created BY students FOR students to demystify college admissions! 

Not sure whether we’re for real? Here’s our team and some user/press reviews!

Bonus: Extra entry for each essay you share in your AdmitSee profile!

Guaranteed Winner: Whoever has the most complete profile (calculated by words in the profile) will win ANY PRIZE THEY WANT on top of the 10 we’re selecting at random!

jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.
SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)
niathuravil
Rutgers ‘20

Accepted to Rutgers, NYU, Fordham, UMass, Colorado, MSU, Illinois, Arizona, Washington

Your local political astronaut with a passion for the prolific things in life.
lmelcher

Accepted to Columbia, Brown, UPenn, Rice, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UVA, UC Davis, UCSD, UCSC, USC

Hey! I'm a John Jay Scholar at Columbia, and I'm from Los Angeles. I'm planning to major in Art History and do ballet and theater. Hope I can help!

UNC Writing Supplement Essay Prompts 2017-2018

Due to its popularity among in-state and out-of-state students, the University of North Carolina is one of the most competitive public universities in the US. The University of North Carolina is the oldest public university...

College Rejection: Understanding the Tufts Syndrome

Ever heard of the term Tufts Syndrome? One of our recently graduated high school interns have and Aditya wants to share with you what it means and how it affects your application. Getting rejected from...

MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts
MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts

Applying to MIT this fall? Check out the 2017-2018 MIT essay prompts!If MIT is your dream school, you should already know that MIT does not use the Common Application. Instead, they have their own...