10 Fun Facts About Boston College

1. BC is the most popular college on Instagram. BC’s Gasson Hall, is the third most Instragrammed college building in the country. 

2. The “Kirkwood Tickler” is a man who sneaks into off-campus houses around Boston College and tickles people’s feet before running away into the night. He was a legend around BC’s campus before he ever appeared in the news.

3. At BC you can take classes on Disney films in the English Department. Professor Bonnie Rudner also teaches classes on young adult fiction and fairytales.

Pippa205
BC ‘20

Accepted to BC, UMich, Emory

International Freshman at BC '20 - Excited to explore Boston and have the best four years on The Heights. Here to help!
eringriffin
BC ‘18

Accepted to BC, Fordham, Villanova, UVM, LUM

Hi! I am a current junior at Boston College. I attended a public school about 45 minutes away and was accepted Early Action. Hope my information helps!
sxflak

Accepted to Northwestern, BC, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Florida, Northeastern, Tufts, UMich, NYU, Vassar, Wesleyan

I am a transfer student at Northwestern. Essays from freshman and transfer admissions included.
PJMarino
BC ‘15

Accepted to BC, , Bentley,

My name is Paige Marino. I am a rising senior at Boston College, majoring in English and minoring in American Studies with a concentration in journalism. I hope to someday have a career in journalism or advertising.

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...

Brown University Class of 2022 Results Released

Brown University admits 738 early decision applicants from the largest early admission application pool Brown has had since the early application program started 16 years ago. The 738 students who received good news from Brown make up 21.1% of...

Cornell University Welcomes 1,533 Students to the Class of 2022

Universities share record-breaking statistics every year when it comes to college applications and this year was no different at Cornell University. Cornell University continued to break two different records three years in a row. Earlier...