10 Fun Facts about the University of Chicago

1. Atomic fission occurred first under the stands at Stagg Field on UChicago‘s campus.

2. In a nod to their philosophical rigor, one of the student-run coffee shops on campus is called “Grounds of Being.”

3. The University of Chicago is located in Hyde Park, the area where Barack Obama lives.

4. One of the libraries on campus, the Mansueto Library, has the capacity to house 3.5 million volumes. Similarly, this building was also used to film parts of the movie “Divergent,” specifically the Erudite branch.

mgoodyear

Accepted to UChicago, UMich, Wisconsin, U Iowa

Went to a public high school, now Byzantine history major at UChicago. Experience tutoring and helping with college admissions.
jonathantylerh

Accepted to UChicago, Ohio, BU

I got into UChicago by by playing on what they clearly want. I'm an English major into journalism and media.
annewlim

Accepted to UChicago, Washington

Wow! This girl survived app season despite starting The Office on Netflix right before senior year! PubPol major who primarily did debate, music, and improv.
PWDavidson

Accepted to UChicago, Columbia, Brown, Dartmouth, Wesleyan, Middlebury, Kenyon, Carleton, Oberlin, Macalester, UVM, Berklee

I'm a music enthusiast who studies our relationship to the environment.

Emory University: Essay Topics & Personal Statement Examples

Applying to Emory University this fall? If you are just getting started on your application essays, get some inspiration from these successful essay excerpts:1. Overcoming Personal StruggleEssay Excerpt from DooleypeanutsEmory University ‘22 Neuroscience and Neurobiology “The...

5 Tips to Help You Look for Scholarships this Summer

Summer after junior year in high school is a great time for you to start looking and applying for scholarships. Why? You’ll get more for your efforts. It’s not something most applicants are...

The ABCs of the ACT
The ABCs of the ACT

When you’re starting your ACT prep, sifting through test materials can be overwhelming. There’s a lot of information, both helpful and unhelpful, about the exam out there. So how do you know where...