10 Fun Facts about the University of Chicago

1. Atomic fission occurred first under the stands at Stagg Field on UChicago‘s campus.

2. In a nod to their philosophical rigor, one of the student-run coffee shops on campus is called “Grounds of Being.”

3. The University of Chicago is located in Hyde Park, the area where Barack Obama lives.

4. One of the libraries on campus, the Mansueto Library, has the capacity to house 3.5 million volumes. Similarly, this building was also used to film parts of the movie “Divergent,” specifically the Erudite branch.

rena.s

Accepted to UChicago, Cornell, Williams, Middlebury, Emerson, CMU, Fordham, NYU, Hunter, Baruch, BU, Wesleyan

I am double majoring in Economics and Political Science at UChicago. Both finance and journalism interest me as potential careers. I am really passionate about education, and I want to do anything I can to help other students succeed in higher education!
mgoodyear

Accepted to UChicago, UMich, Wisconsin, U Iowa

Went to a public high school, now Byzantine history major at UChicago. Experience tutoring and helping with college admissions.
musayelyandavi…

Accepted to UChicago

I am an undergraduate student at the University of Chicago with a great desire to help others to pursuit their dreams of studying in the best universities of the world.
jonathantylerh

Accepted to UChicago, Ohio, BU

I got into UChicago by presenting myself as an archetypal UChicago student. I graduated as an English major and with a joint master's in Humanities. I now work in media/journalism.