10 Fun Facts about the University of Chicago

1. Atomic fission occurred first under the stands at Stagg Field on UChicago‘s campus.

2. In a nod to their philosophical rigor, one of the student-run coffee shops on campus is called “Grounds of Being.”

3. The University of Chicago is located in Hyde Park, the area where Barack Obama lives.

4. One of the libraries on campus, the Mansueto Library, has the capacity to house 3.5 million volumes. Similarly, this building was also used to film parts of the movie “Divergent,” specifically the Erudite branch.

jonathantylerh

Accepted to UChicago, Ohio, BU

I got into UChicago by playing on what it's obvious they want. I'm an English major and news & media guy.
izaz67

Accepted to UChicago, Grinnell

I'm a UChicago student interested in public service law, sociology, and human rights. In my spare time, I like working out, playing music, and shoe shopping.
fscivittaro42

Accepted to UChicago, UT Austin, Northwestern, NYU, U of Minnesota

Statistics major interested in careers in trading.
Kyle309

Accepted to UChicago

Uchicago 2021

USC Merit-Based Scholarships You Should Know About

Worried about how you can afford to attend a private university? If you’re applying to the University of Southern California, there are a few merit-based scholarships you should know to alleviate the cost. As...

Student Insight: What to Expect from College Interviews

Not sure what to expect from a college interview? We asked 5 students to share their college interview experiences with you. First thing you should know about college interviews is that they are not required. More...