10 Fun Facts about the University of Chicago

1. Atomic fission occurred first under the stands at Stagg Field on UChicago‘s campus.

2. In a nod to their philosophical rigor, one of the student-run coffee shops on campus is called “Grounds of Being.”

3. The University of Chicago is located in Hyde Park, the area where Barack Obama lives.

4. One of the libraries on campus, the Mansueto Library, has the capacity to house 3.5 million volumes. Similarly, this building was also used to film parts of the movie “Divergent,” specifically the Erudite branch.

Accepted to UChicago, UMich, Wisconsin, U Iowa

Went to a public high school, now Byzantine history major at UChicago. Experience tutoring and helping with college admissions.

Accepted to UChicago, Ohio, BU

I got into UChicago by by playing on what they clearly want. I'm an English major into journalism and media.

Accepted to UChicago, Grinnell

I'm a UChicago student interested in public service law, sociology, and human rights. In my spare time, I like working out, playing music, and shoe shopping.

Accepted to UChicago, UT Austin, Northwestern, NYU, U of Minnesota

Statistics major interested in careers in trading.

Student Reviews: Dartmouth College's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Dartmouth College’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Dartmouth College? Look beyond Dartmouth’s Ivy League reputation and see what current Dartmouth students have to say about going to school in Hanover. 1. Dartmouth’s Campus & CultureStudent...

The 10 Stages Of Waiting For College Decisions

Nothing feels more like a judgment of who you are as a person and what you’ve accomplished than college admissions results. As you oscillate between crushing self-doubt and steeled confidence about how your application...

Class of 2022 Regular Decision Notification Dates

College decisions are drawing closer. With so many different notification dates to keep track of, we’ve put together a list of Class of 2022 release dates to help you manage it all. March 14th, 2018Massachusetts...