10 Fun Facts about the University of Chicago

1. Atomic fission occurred first under the stands at Stagg Field on UChicago‘s campus.

2. In a nod to their philosophical rigor, one of the student-run coffee shops on campus is called “Grounds of Being.”

3. The University of Chicago is located in Hyde Park, the area where Barack Obama lives.

4. One of the libraries on campus, the Mansueto Library, has the capacity to house 3.5 million volumes. Similarly, this building was also used to film parts of the movie “Divergent,” specifically the Erudite branch.

jonathantylerh

Accepted to UChicago, Ohio, BU

I got into UChicago by playing on what it's obvious they want. I'm an English major and news & media guy.
izaz67

Accepted to UChicago, Grinnell

I'm a UChicago student interested in public service law, sociology, and human rights. In my spare time, I like working out, playing music, and shoe shopping.
fscivittaro42

Accepted to UChicago, UT Austin, Northwestern, NYU, U of Minnesota

Statistics major interested in careers in trading.
stephaniew

Accepted to UChicago, BC, Emory, U of Minnesota, Wisconsin

50% books + 10% brains + 60% coffee = 100% of I didn't get in because of my math grade.

Student Insight: Asking for Recommendation Letters

Not sure who to ask to write your recommendation letter? Let our College Admits share their experience and advice. Recommendation letters can be written by a teacher, coach, counselor, extracurricular supervisor or a mentor you’...

How to Take a Practice LSAT
How to Take a Practice LSAT

This blog post originally appeared on the Magoosh LSAT blog.Full length practice tests are valuable prep tools for two reasons: they allow you to practice your test management skills and they track your readiness....

Navigating Applying Early vs. Regular Decision

Early Decision applications show your dream school that you’re serious, but is it the right choice for you?There are plenty of options for application types out there that vary by school. Here’s...

What You Need to Know About Brown's PLME
What You Need to Know About Brown’s PLME

Dreamt about being a doctor since you’re kid? If so, then you need to know about Brown University’s PLME. What is Brown’s PLME? Brown’s Program in Liberal Medical Education, more commonly...