10 Fun Facts about University of Wisconsin-Madison

Applied to University of Wisconsin-Madison? Or thinking about applying there? Well, here are a couple of things that gu.pam, a senior at UW-Madison, thought you should know: 

Want to know more about UW-Madison? Check out gu.pam's Admit Profile!
Want to know more about UW-Madison? Check out gu.pam’s Admit Profile!

1. Bucky the Badger

UW-Madison’s famous mascot’s  full name is Buckingham U Badger, but he goes by Bucky.

2. Farmer’s Market next to Wisconsin State Capitol Building

Since the university is located right next to the Wisconsin State Capitol building, students often attend many of the events held on the Capitol Square. The most popular event is the Farmer’s Market where on Saturday mornings from June through October farmers from across Wisconsin bring their best produce, honey, cheese, and flowers to the market.

3. Epic Snowball Fight

Every winter the two opposing dorm locations (Southeast and Lakeshore) have an epic snowball fight on Bascom Hill. Hundreds of students show up to pelt each other with snow and some even bring trays and buckets to more efficiently hurl snow at one another.

evanc11
Wisconsin ‘19

Accepted to U of Minnesota, Wisconsin

Recently Graduated High School Student
taylorlhoffman…
Wisconsin ‘19

Accepted to Wisconsin, U of Minnesota, Indiana, Marquette

Proud member of the UW-Madison Class of 2019
mfinke14
Wisconsin ‘19

Accepted to Wisconsin, U of Minnesota

I am currently a high school senior, and I am planning on attending the University of Wisconsin - Madison this fall. I hope my profile helps you on your road to college!
travel_cv
Wisconsin ‘18

Accepted to Wisconsin

I am a freshman studying Conservation Biology.