#12ReasonsToGive: Meet De’Andre

De’Andre is currently attending the University of California, Riverside and aspiring to continue on to get a Master’s Degree in Business Economics.

According to De’Andre, Juma Ventures made an outstanding impact on his high school career and improved his work ethic, money management skills, and academic success. It’s this type of commitment that Juma Ventures made to De’Andre that motivates him to pay it forward:

“When the college application process began, my Youth Development Coordinator (Juma staff) at the time, Charity, made sure that I was on top of everything related to college applications (including personal statements and letters of recommendation). Because of that, I was able to manage my workload at home and at school more wisely by equally spreading out my time for homework and college applications. … All in all, I have benefited from Juma and the greatness that comes from people and organizations that give back to their community. I will give back some day, too.

Support Juma and make a difference today with AdmitSee’s #12ReasonsToGive campaign. Create an AdmitSee profile and we’ll contribute to Juma’s program from now until Christmas Day. Together, we can help Juma pave the way to work, education, and financial capability for more low-income youth like De’Andre across America.

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...

Brown University Class of 2022 Results Released

Brown University admits 738 early decision applicants from the largest early admission application pool Brown has had since the early application program started 16 years ago. The 738 students who received good news from Brown make up 21.1% of...