#12ReasonsToGive: Meet Lorenzo

Lorenzo exceeded the expectations others had for him and is leading a successful career as a  privacy and public policy lawyer in Silicon Valley.

Growing up, Lorenzo had no expectations for himself, because no one expected anything of him. Juma taught him applicable skills  and helped build his confidence and work ethic that were far beyond what anyone learned in a classroom. It’s stories like Lorenzo’s that is a true testament to the work that Juma does:

“At an early age, I was told by a teacher that I would not make it far in life. Struggling academically, I was placed in special education classes during elementary school where I began to believe that I was different and not as capable as other students. It went downhill from there. I felt like I was constantly being told how bad I was doing, and I believed these people. That is, until Juma came along.

Support Juma and make a difference today with AdmitSee’s #12ReasonsToGive campaign. Create an AdmitSee profile and we’ll contribute to Juma’s program from now until Christmas Day. Together, we can help Juma pave the way to work, education, and financial capability for more low-income youth like Lorenzo across America.

nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.
yujin2023

Accepted to Brown, Amherst, Duke, Emory, Santa Clara, USC, Pacific, Vanderbilt, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, UC Davis, UC Irvine

Nature lover, STEM nerd. Will likely be late because of who I am as a person.
hulya559

Accepted to Harvard, Dartmouth, UC Berkeley, Emory, USC

Hi! I'm a Harvard PreFrosh interested in service, economics, math, and philosophy excited to help you.
elewal

Accepted to Brown, Cornell, CMU, Wesleyan, William & Mary, Case, Villanova, Binghamton, RPI, WPI

Hi! I'm a junior at Brown University studying Biochemistry and English. I am very interested in accessible healthcare for marginalized populations. I also love poetry!