#12ReasonsToGive: Meet Lorenzo

Lorenzo exceeded the expectations others had for him and is leading a successful career as a  privacy and public policy lawyer in Silicon Valley.

Growing up, Lorenzo had no expectations for himself, because no one expected anything of him. Juma taught him applicable skills  and helped build his confidence and work ethic that were far beyond what anyone learned in a classroom. It’s stories like Lorenzo’s that is a true testament to the work that Juma does:

“At an early age, I was told by a teacher that I would not make it far in life. Struggling academically, I was placed in special education classes during elementary school where I began to believe that I was different and not as capable as other students. It went downhill from there. I felt like I was constantly being told how bad I was doing, and I believed these people. That is, until Juma came along.

Support Juma and make a difference today with AdmitSee’s #12ReasonsToGive campaign. Create an AdmitSee profile and we’ll contribute to Juma’s program from now until Christmas Day. Together, we can help Juma pave the way to work, education, and financial capability for more low-income youth like Lorenzo across America.

Rice

mm0222
Cornell

Accepted to Cornell, BC, BU, UMich

Global and Public Health Sciences major at Cornell University
Stanford

Isandres2
Williams

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.