13 Emotional Stages All Graduating College Seniors Experience

“The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” -Aristotle 

It doesn’t matter if you’re graduating from Harvard, Northwestern, Yale, UW-Madison, Colby College or Ohio State, these emotional stages are real. You’ll reflect on what you’ve accomplished academically, personally and professionally over the last 4 years at college, and at times, you’ll wonder if you’ve accomplished anything at all. If you have life all figured it out at your college graduation, good for you! If your life is still up in the air, don’t worry - you’re not alone. 

1. IT’S MY LAST UNDERGRADUATE CLASS! 

Source: Perezhilton

We get it. It’s an emotional time. You never thought you would make it. 

2. JUST FINISHED MY LAST COLLEGE PAPER! 

Source: blog.jobweb.fr

Finished my last college paper last minute. No idea what I wrote, whether it makes sense, but I did in fact finish it. 

3. I can’t wait to leave this library for the last time. 

Source: tumblr

Final season sucks. You’re basically just counting down the time. 

ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!
brianlin
WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire