13 Emotional Stages All Graduating College Seniors Experience

“The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” -Aristotle 

It doesn’t matter if you’re graduating from Harvard, Northwestern, Yale, UW-Madison, Colby College or Ohio State, these emotional stages are real. You’ll reflect on what you’ve accomplished academically, personally and professionally over the last 4 years at college, and at times, you’ll wonder if you’ve accomplished anything at all. If you have life all figured it out at your college graduation, good for you! If your life is still up in the air, don’t worry - you’re not alone. 

1. IT’S MY LAST UNDERGRADUATE CLASS! 

Source: Perezhilton

We get it. It’s an emotional time. You never thought you would make it. 

2. JUST FINISHED MY LAST COLLEGE PAPER! 

Source: blog.jobweb.fr

Finished my last college paper last minute. No idea what I wrote, whether it makes sense, but I did in fact finish it. 

3. I can’t wait to leave this library for the last time. 

Source: tumblr

Final season sucks. You’re basically just counting down the time. 

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring PhD students/teacher.
hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies
nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.