13 Ways College Admissions Are Basically The Hunger Games

The college admissions process is long, stressful and competitive. Until recently, there was nothing you could really compare it to. But with the rise of the popular book and film series The Hunger Games, pop culture has given us something that is surprisingly similar to application season. If you’re a high school senior, we understand what you had to sacrifice to volunteer yourself as tribute:

1. You put in so much effort in your applications.

2. But you’re not even sure if they took a look at any of the work you’ve done.

3. You have to compete with your friends for a spot at your dream school.

4. And fight them just for a chance to get accepted. 

5. The stress completely consumes you.

7. You finally get a college interview.

8. You show off your skills and your strengths. 

9. But they just laugh at you.

10. You find a mentor for advice on how to get through the application process.

11. Then, you finally get selected as the chosen one.

12. You’re representing your family and where you’re from.

13. Now, you get to enjoy all the opportunities that other people don’t have! 

Already been through the application process? Share your #admitstory with us and help others who are interested in your school better understand the application process. Plus, you get to cash out your $10 signup bonus and earn extra money for college! What are you waiting for?

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship

Accepted to Baruch, Binghamton, Brooklyn College, Hunter, Macaulay Honors, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, SUNY Buffalo, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia

I grew up in New York City, Bronx and Brooklyn to be exact. I went to pretty big public schools and once you find a supportive yet motivating group of friends, teachers, advisors, and counselors to complement your family, life becomes a whole lot better!

Student Advice: Choosing Where to Enroll

It’s a great feeling when you get multiple acceptances from the colleges you’ve applied to, but it can also be a challenging time deciding where to enroll! The tables have turned! Now, it’...

Duke Supplemental Essay Prompts & Examples

Thinking about applying to Duke this Fall? Check out Duke’s supplemental essay prompts and examples from the 2017-2018 application cycle. You can expect similar prompts for the upcoming cycle.Duke Application Prompts1. Short Essay...