18 Signs You Took High School Way Too Seriously

You worked night and day to get into your dream school, believing that your high school career was the most important thing in the world. When your parents and friends told you to relax and take a breather, you never understood why. Does that sound like you? If so, you’ll probably recognize these signs:

1. Getting an A- is the end of the world.

Don’t even bother convincing me it’s okay.

2. You didn’t know what life was like outside honor roll.

3. School nights are sacred.

4. And you believed weekends were created for you to get ahead on homework.

5. Dating was a waste of time and a distraction you couldn’t afford.

6. Group projects are the worst, because everyone assumes you’ll do all the work.

7. Which is true, so you rather be grouped with people who don’t even try.

8. If you weren’t the president of every club in high school, you were at least on the executive board.

9. In fact, you wish Hermione’s time turner was real, so you don’t have to rush to all your commitments.

10. You didn’t get home till 8PM every day, just in time for all the homework you needed to finish.

11. You even ate dinner in the car after varsity practice ended to save time.

12. You feel super guilty about procrastinating on social media for 30 minutes.

13. Teachers stopped calling on you in class to give others a chance.

14. But when it comes to student responsibilities, you’re always the chosen one.

15. No matter how much you study, you still have a breakdown before every test. 

16. And claim that you didn’t study enough, and you’re going to fail.

17. But of course, you get an A.

18. ...and then college happened!

We know you’re still getting a 4.0 GPA, but it just doesn’t matter to you as much as it used to!

Access 60,000+ successful college application files uploaded by college students (they get paid when you view them). AdmitSee is a community of students helping students. Our goal is to bring much-needed transparency to higher education. 

kltaylor96

Accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Elon , William & Mary, Centre, Campbell

I am someone who always shoots for the moon so that if I miss, I will land among the stars.
brianlin
WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire
uhoh29
JHU ‘19

Accepted to JHU, Cornell, Northeastern, Fordham, UMD, Wisconsin, Temple

Senior Woodrow Wilson Research Fellow at Johns Hopkins majoring in English and Writing Seminars
Yalie

Accepted to Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Rice, Williams, Amherst, UVA, UNC, W&L U, Rutgers, UVM

Entrepreneurial sophomore Mathematics and Philosophy major at Yale University who also loves the liberal arts.