18 Signs You Took High School Way Too Seriously

You worked night and day to get into your dream school, believing that your high school career was the most important thing in the world. When your parents and friends told you to relax and take a breather, you never understood why. Does that sound like you? If so, you’ll probably recognize these signs:

1. Getting an A- is the end of the world.

Don’t even bother convincing me it’s okay.

2. You didn’t know what life was like outside honor roll.

3. School nights are sacred.

4. And you believed weekends were created for you to get ahead on homework.

5. Dating was a waste of time and a distraction you couldn’t afford.

6. Group projects are the worst, because everyone assumes you’ll do all the work.

7. Which is true, so you rather be grouped with people who don’t even try.

8. If you weren’t the president of every club in high school, you were at least on the executive board.

9. In fact, you wish Hermione’s time turner was real, so you don’t have to rush to all your commitments.

10. You didn’t get home till 8PM every day, just in time for all the homework you needed to finish.

11. You even ate dinner in the car after varsity practice ended to save time.

12. You feel super guilty about procrastinating on social media for 30 minutes.

13. Teachers stopped calling on you in class to give others a chance.

14. But when it comes to student responsibilities, you’re always the chosen one.

15. No matter how much you study, you still have a breakdown before every test. 

16. And claim that you didn’t study enough, and you’re going to fail.

17. But of course, you get an A.

18. ...and then college happened!

We know you’re still getting a 4.0 GPA, but it just doesn’t matter to you as much as it used to!

Access 60,000+ successful college application files uploaded by college students (they get paid when you view them). AdmitSee is a community of students helping students. Our goal is to bring much-needed transparency to higher education. 

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.
Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.

youngch

Accepted to Baruch, Binghamton, Brooklyn College, Hunter, Macaulay Honors, Duke, JHU, Northwestern, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, SUNY Buffalo, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia

I grew up in New York City, Bronx and Brooklyn to be exact. I went to pretty big public schools and once you find a supportive yet motivating group of friends, teachers, advisors, and counselors to complement your family, life becomes a whole lot better!

Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?
Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?

As we get closer to the fall, many rising seniors are wondering, “Should I apply Early Decision?” One of our interns, Anita, recalls her decision to apply ED to University of Pennsylvania, why she did...

4 Tips to Manage Work Life Balance in High School

Adults might be surprised, but high school students also find it difficult to juggle a good work life balance.We’ve all been there. You’ve had to cancel your plan with your friends because...