20 Stages All Seniors Will Experience While Job Hunting

College seniors, congratulations! You’re almost done with college, and the real world is calling your name. Some of you may already have gotten an offer to return to the company you interned for over the summer, or you may have successfully gone through the recruiting process this Fall. But, for the ones still job hunting, here are 20 gifs you’ll definitely relate to: 

1. Every time you hear your friend talk about the return offer they got at the end of summer last year, you die a little inside.

2. This also happens when another one of your friends gets into graduate school.

3. But hey, at least you gain a bit of confidence looking at your resume! The formatting is impeccable!

4. You start off being selective about the companies you’re applying to. 

5. Applying to 5 jobs a day seems like a solid, manageable goal. You got your routine down.

6. But soon, you’re scrolling endlessly to find every single job posting and opportunity that fits within your criteria.

7. ...which has expanded to anything labeled “FULL TIME - PAID”

8. You hit “Apply” on every job posting that says “RESUME ONLY.”

9. Even when it says 3+ years of experience required.

10. Because writing cover letters are the WORST. THING. EVER.

11. But, look, you got a reply and your first interview!

12. Of course that requires a completely new wardrobe. You need to look professional.

13. You think the interview went well, but, after a week of no response, you start to worry.

14. You obsessively refresh your inbox.

15. You celebrate when a company sends you a rejection letter. Hey, at least they had the courtesy to let you know.

16. You consider the possibility of moving to New York City and starting a blog or sponsored Instagram account. If anyone has thoughts or outfits or photos of dogs dressed up as people worth sharing, it’s you.

17. You fantasize about starting your own company. That requires a startup idea though…

18. Maybe you need to just bite the bullet and go to law school. People respect lawyers, right?

19. Being a career student doesn’t really seem that bad… Oh, except for the loans.

20. So it’s back to the grind for now, but you’re not worried. All you have to do is figure out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it.

Applying to jobs is the worst, but keep going! If your perfect job isn’t already out there for you, create an opportunity for yourself. If you need some cash to keep you going, don’t forget to create an AdmitSee profile by uploading your past successful college application materials. On AdmitSee, you get paid for paying it forward!

clovescirrus

Accepted to Princeton, Dartmouth, Rice, JHU, UVA, UMD, CMU, Vanderbilt

Princeton class of 2020, choir nerd, lover of language. Writing is my favorite thing to do, and I'd love to help you brainstorm/write/revise.
jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.
ssp2020

Accepted to MIT, UMich, Rutgers, Cornell, Rice, JHU

computer science / design / music / film

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...

Brown University Class of 2022 Results Released

Brown University admits 738 early decision applicants from the largest early admission application pool Brown has had since the early application program started 16 years ago. The 738 students who received good news from Brown make up 21.1% of...