25 Costumes Perfect For College Students

Penguins, silent film actors, pop art, Dr. Seuss characters… there are so many fun costume opportunities for Halloween. Here are 25 awesome costumes for college students. We hope this will inspire you to leave the Trump wig at home.

AdmitSee loves Halloween… a lot. In fact, last year our co-founders Lydia and Steph dressed up as Nerds candy! Ed, our Director of Sales and Partnerships scored points with his wife by going the panda-adorable route. Meanwhile, our graphic designer terrified small children with her sharp teeth. 

We also love group costumes! March of the Penguins, Running from the Bulls, and Average Joe’s were all a big hit. Each of them can be thrown together for under $40. If that seems like a lot, remember you can always make money by serving as a mentor for college applicants. 
DIY costumes are the best! AdmitSee’s Lydia dressed up as a solar system when she was at UPenn. Ed made use of duct tape for a quick Where’s Waldo costume while attending UCLA. And Julia threw on some serious paint as Mystique for UCSB Halloween parties. You don’t even want to know how long it took to take that paint off!

But what about this year? Here are our AdmitSee’s staff picks for Halloween costumes in college and beyond!

1. Dumb and Dumber
1. Dumb and Dumber
Silent Film Stars
2. Silent Film Stars
3. Jelly Belly
3. Jelly Belly
4. Eve and Jesus
4. Eve and Jesus
5. Willy Wonka and His Gold Bar
5. Willy Wonka and His Golden Ticket
6. Desserts
6. Desserts
7. Kiss Band Babes
7. Kiss Band Babes
8. Bad Weather
8. Bad Weather
9. Calvin and Hobbes
9. Calvin and Hobbes
10. Lisa Frank
10. Lisa Frank

ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!

jackmac401

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...

Brown University Class of 2022 Results Released

Brown University admits 738 early decision applicants from the largest early admission application pool Brown has had since the early application program started 16 years ago. The 738 students who received good news from Brown make up 21.1% of...