5 Reasons Volunteering Will Boost Your College Application

Lion's Heart, Guest Blogger
Lion’s Heart, Guest Blogger

Lion’s Heart is a national 501(c)3 non-profit community service organization for teen volunteering in 6th through 12th grade. Lion’s Heart organizes members into groups so they can volunteer for various non-profit and philanthropic organizations in their communities while developing leadership, empathy, and life skills. We connect Members to local non-profits and give them the tools to build their own Volunteer Digital Portfolio for future college, employment, scholarship and internship applications. Each chapter of teens elects their own officers and runs their own meetings which gives members the power to choose how they want to serve society. 

mbshark

Accepted to UCLA, UC Irvine, UCSD, UCSB, Florida, WPI, Iowa State

Born in TX, Raised in SoFlo, Learning in SoCal
mintchocolate

Accepted to USC, UCLA, UCSD, UC Davis, Washington, Case, Oregon State, Rice, UC Berkeley

USC Trustee Scholar (full tuition), Neuroscience and Pre-med, science researcher
agirgis

Accepted to USC, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine, Siena, Rutgers, Rutgers, UT Austin, Emory, Stony Brook

QuestBridge Scholar, Class of 2020.
ParkerGreen

Accepted to USC, UC Irvine, UCSB, GWU, UCSD, Arizona

Attending the University of Southern California starting in the fall of 2015!