7 Types of Second Semester Seniors

If you’re a high school senior right now, you’ll know all about Senioritis. (Unless you’re #7.)

Standardized tests, college application essays, FAFSA forms… senior fall is no fun. Thankfully, you’re (almost) finally free. How are you and your friends handling life as a second semester senior? Every student seems to fall into one of these categories. Which are you? 

1. The extreme case of Senioritis

The One Where She Could Barely Stay Awake In Class

You’re so over high school. AP exams? As long as you get credit for the class. Extracurricular responsibilities? The juniors will take care of it. You’re ready for the school year to be over. 

2. The guy flaunting his early acceptance

Yeah people were still waiting to hear back from schools, but you just couldn’t (and still can’t) contain your excitement. Plus, with all the extra time, it’s impossible NOT to think about your acceptance.

3. The kid who goes from teacher’s pet to class clown

Now that applications are behind you and recommendation letters have been written, you can let your true personality shine. 

4. The one who missed the application deadline

Whether you were completely disorganized, didn’t care, or it was a calculated plan to apply against next year, a gap year is always an option.

5. The guy who doesn’t want to leave high school

You’re pretty sure high school is going to be the best time of your life, so you’re down to relive it. But, trust us, you don’t want to peak now!

6. The girl who got rejected from her safety school

It’s possible to be overqualified. So hopefully you got accepted to your dream school even if your safety didn’t work out!

7. The rare few who haven’t heard of Senioritis

Take it easy. You’re already in college. You’re still going to get straight As. Take the opportunity of Senior Spring to get involved in new interests, explore career options, or meet new people!

Regardless which type you are, if you’ve already submitted your applications, it’s time for you to create your College Admit profile and start making $$$. 

niustephanie

Accepted to Stanford, MIT, GA Tech

STEM outreach enthusiast. Poet. Programmer. Advocate for women in STEM.

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!