A Cornell Student On Her Favorite Classes

Getting a sneak peek into university classes can give you a good idea what to choose for your own schedule.  Jacqueline is a senior Applied Economics and Management major at Cornell University, and told us about what made her favorite classes so great.

As an Applied Economics and Management major, Jacqueline has taken many of the undergraduate business courses at her school. Some of her favorite have been “Digital Business Strategy” and “Strategy and Innovation”. These courses by Professor Leiponen examine innovative businesses and what has made them successful.

Cornell's Campus
Cornell’s Campus

Classes for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors look at some of the most exciting startups from the past decade. By looking at companies like Pandora, Twitter, and Threadless we learned about their revenue models, cost structures and marketing plans. What really made the class so applicable to the real world was that we looked at the successes as well as the failures of the firms. Also, it was great that Harvard Business School case studies were the primary literature for the classes. Analyzing these case studies was good preparation for other courses as well as for potential business school classes.

Interior of Warren Hall
Interior of Warren Hall

Professor Leiponen is an excellent professor. With a background in industry research she really has a strong grasp on the technology field and is able to effectively convey that knowledge to her students. I have recommended her courses to many other students and I would continue to do so for the future Cornellians.

Read more about Jacqueline on her Admitsee Profile!

Accepted to Stanford, MIT, GA Tech

STEM outreach enthusiast. Poet. Programmer. Advocate for women in STEM.

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!

UCLA Class of 2020. Orange County native. I like math and music.

Student Reviews: Dartmouth College's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Dartmouth College’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Dartmouth College? Look beyond Dartmouth’s Ivy League reputation and see what current Dartmouth students have to say about going to school in Hanover. 1. Dartmouth’s Campus & CultureStudent...

The 10 Stages Of Waiting For College Decisions

Nothing feels more like a judgment of who you are as a person and what you’ve accomplished than college admissions results. As you oscillate between crushing self-doubt and steeled confidence about how your application...

Class of 2022 Regular Decision Notification Dates

College decisions are drawing closer. With so many different notification dates to keep track of, we’ve put together a list of Class of 2022 release dates to help you manage it all. March 14th, 2018Massachusetts...