A High School Senior’s Advice: SAT and SAT II

Wondering how your SAT prep compares to students at other schools? We asked our high school interns to share their standardized testing plans. Briane, a senior at Townsend Harris High School shares her strategy below!

I took my SAT twice now, in March and May. I do not plan on taking the ACT because I was pleased with my SAT score. To prepare for the test, I took an SAT course with Princeton Review that provided ten classes and four full-length practice tests. The practice tests were very beneficial in helping me get used to taking the test. It is worthwhile to take a practice test in one sitting before going to take the real exam. That way, you are not overwhelmed by having to sit for a four hour test for the first time. Additionally, I went to a private tutor who helped me solely with the math section, because that was where I had the most trouble. My tutor helped me improve my math score significantly. 

I took one of my SAT Subject Tests (World History) in June of my sophomore year. I also prepared over the summer for two more SAT Subject Tests in October. Despite my strong GPA and SAT score, I am concerned about making myself stand out from the other applicants. I am hoping to use my essay to do so! 

aebrennen

Accepted to Yale, UPenn, Davidson, UNC, UMich, Emory, Northwestern, Wake Forest, UVA, UKentucky, William & Mary, Miami OH, Vanderbilt

Passionate about education from the great state of Kentucky.
Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.