A High School Senior’s Advice: SAT and SAT II

Wondering how your SAT prep compares to students at other schools? We asked our high school interns to share their standardized testing plans. Briane, a senior at Townsend Harris High School shares her strategy below!

I took my SAT twice now, in March and May. I do not plan on taking the ACT because I was pleased with my SAT score. To prepare for the test, I took an SAT course with Princeton Review that provided ten classes and four full-length practice tests. The practice tests were very beneficial in helping me get used to taking the test. It is worthwhile to take a practice test in one sitting before going to take the real exam. That way, you are not overwhelmed by having to sit for a four hour test for the first time. Additionally, I went to a private tutor who helped me solely with the math section, because that was where I had the most trouble. My tutor helped me improve my math score significantly. 

I took one of my SAT Subject Tests (World History) in June of my sophomore year. I also prepared over the summer for two more SAT Subject Tests in October. Despite my strong GPA and SAT score, I am concerned about making myself stand out from the other applicants. I am hoping to use my essay to do so! 

Hi! I'm a Williams '19 transfer who's passionate about social justice, tech, and STEM. I'd love to share what I learned from navigating this hectic process twice!
brianlin
WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire
beccapenn38

hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies