Hiring an Admissions Consultant: How it Helped me at UCLA

Sabrina, a freshman at  UCLA, shares her experience hiring a private college counselor!

I entered the college process completely lost. When my friends would ask me what my top choice school was I was utterly speechless as I really didn’t know what any of my choices were. I am the first child in my family so I knew I was on my own when it came to finding about different colleges. My college counselor at school was fine, but I felt that I was not receiving the attention I needed. To make this process easier, I decided it was in my best interest to hire a private college counselor in addition to the one assigned to me at school. 

Looking back on it, it was one of the best decisions I ever made. From proofreading my essays to letting me know about different programs at colleges, my private college counselor was my guardian angel during the chaos that is applying to college. Although her cost was very high ($4,000 for unlimited sessions), it was worth every penny. She helped inspire ideas for my essays and sharpen my writing. She was so educated on every college that she had the answers to all my questions and she also knew what they were looking for in applicants. She kept me on track with deadlines and most importantly made me feel a bit more relaxed. The individual attention was incredible and she was able to help me realize what schools would be the best fit for me. Overall, my private college counselor was most helpful to me by being a person I could talk to during a time of high stress. She understood my worries and did everything in her power to help me solve them. I would definitely recommend hiring a private counselor if you are not happy with the one assigned to you at school. I’m so glad I did!

To read more of Sabrina’s advice, visit her Admit Profile!

Yalie

Accepted to Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Rice, Williams, Amherst, UVA, UNC, W&L U, Rutgers, UVM

Entrepreneurial sophomore Mathematics and Philosophy major at Yale University who also loves the liberal arts.

niustephanie

Accepted to Stanford, MIT, GA Tech

STEM outreach enthusiast. Poet. Programmer. Advocate for women in STEM.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Early Admission Class of 2022 Notification Dates

What date do early decision results start to roll in?College applicants vying for a spot in the Class of 2022 will hear back from their first applications throughout this upcoming week. We’ll update this...