ACT Checklist You Need to Have

It’s crazy to think that the ACT is this coming Saturday already! We’re sure you’ve been studying hard and smart, so we just have a few logistical tips to help you get through the day as seamlessly as possible. 

1. Print a copy of your admission ticket.

Don’t just have a copy on your phone. You never know when technology will fail you, so print out a copy and put it in your wallet or your bag. It has all the information you’ll need to get to the right testing center on time, where to park, and details to register your scores. 

2. Bring an acceptable form of Photo ID

It has to be a driver’s license, state ID or school ID. It needs to say your name in English, and has to be the physical form of your ID. No photocopies or pictures will be accepted. 

3. Several No. 2 pencils, sharpener and eraser

Buy a pack of No. 2 pencils and sharpen them! They break easily, especially when you’re nervous, so have a couple on you so you don’t have to waste time sharpening them during the test. Don’t rely on the back end erasers on pencils, bring an extra one that will erase well. 

4. Calculator, and a set of fresh batteries

The worst thing that can happen is if your batteries run out in the middle of the test. Bring a set of fresh batteries to put in just in case it does. Test that these batteries work too!

5. Snack & water

Pack yourself some power food. The exam is 3 hours long, and it starts bright and early. You need to have the right nutrition to keep you awake and thinking as you move through the sections. 

6. Lucky Charm Bracelet

Everyone has a lucky charm. It can be your favorite pencil, accessory, t-shirt. Whatever it is, make sure you have it with you the night before, so you remember to grab it on the way out. Half the battle is in your head, so make yourself comfortable.

7. Comfortable Clothes

Speaking of comfortable, make sure you put on a set of comfortable clothes. After all, you’ll be sitting for 3 hours, so make sure you’re not wearing clothing that are distracting you. At the same time, it may not be a fantastic idea to wear sweatpants either. You don’t want to be so comfortable you start falling asleep in the middle of the test! 

8. Prepare Breakfast

Breakfast for champions! Have a full meal with eggs, bread, sausages, and all the goodies! This will help you feel awake for the test, and kickstart your brain to start turning its wheel, and ace your test! 

Best of luck everyone! 

Need help with the essay portion of the SAT or ACT? Use Green Test Prep, an online SAT prep platform, to help improve your score.

Anthony-James Green has been called “America’s Top SAT Tutor” by Business Insider magazine. He raises test scores an average of 346.5 points on the SAT and 4.6 points on the ACT. To discover how to get a guaranteed increase on your SAT and ACT scores with The Green Test Prep System, click here.

elewal

Accepted to Brown, Cornell, CMU, Wesleyan, William & Mary, Case, Villanova, Binghamton, RPI, WPI

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Brown University studying Biochemistry and English. I love writing, baking, hiking, and music.
jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.

nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.

Carnegie Mellon University Supplemental Essay Examples

Is Carnegie Mellon University on your college list? Located in Pittsburgh, CMU offers strong academic programs in both the arts and sciences, attracting top students all over the world to apply. Carnegie Mellon has seven...