Admissions Tips from a Freshman at Brown: Why I hired a college admissions consultant

When I was deferred from my early decision school, to say my parents freaked out would be an understatement. There were three weeks until the regular decision deadline, and, as a result of my overconfidence, I had not started a single supplement. In addition, my school counselor was about to leave on winter vacation. Needless to say, I was not in a good position.

A friend of my parents referred them to a company, Aristotle Circle. They paired me with college admissions consultant Pam, in Vero Beach, Florida. The consultant helped me revise my list of schools to apply to, and then helped me make a word document with all the essays and short answer questions I would have to complete (which is a good idea for anyone to do). She then helped me revise and edit my essays. She also helped me tailor my resume to my goals for college and beyond to create a “hook.” 

I found having a counselor tremendously helpful for the limited amount of time I had. It’s not necessary for everyone, though, and a site like AdmitSee can help relieve a lot of the pressure by providing examples of successful application essays, especially the supplemental essays. Whatever you decide to do, just remember not to procrastinate. Teachers and guidance counselors don’t like to edit new essays over Christmas break. Early decision is far from a sure thing—so as soon as you send out that first application, get started on the others!

Hope you found this helpful! Here’s my referral link to get 25% off your first purchase!

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship

Accepted to Baruch, Binghamton, Brooklyn College, Hunter, Macaulay Honors, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, SUNY Buffalo, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia

I grew up in New York City, Bronx and Brooklyn to be exact. I went to pretty big public schools and once you find a supportive yet motivating group of friends, teachers, advisors, and counselors to complement your family, life becomes a whole lot better!

Duke Supplemental Essay Prompts & Examples

Thinking about applying to Duke this Fall? Check out Duke’s supplemental essay prompts and examples from the 2017-2018 application cycle.Duke Application Prompts1. Short Essay Required for Engineering Applicants:If you are applying to...

Student Reviews: Dartmouth College's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Dartmouth College’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Dartmouth College? Look beyond Dartmouth’s Ivy League reputation and see what current Dartmouth students have to say about going to school in Hanover. 1. Dartmouth’s Campus & CultureStudent...

The 10 Stages Of Waiting For College Decisions

Nothing feels more like a judgment of who you are as a person and what you’ve accomplished than college admissions results. As you oscillate between crushing self-doubt and steeled confidence about how your application...