AdmitSee goes international with “Absolutely Intercultural”

AdmitSee spoke with Anne Fox of Absolutely Intercultural a few months ago to talk about the differences between American and international universities and the U.S. application process for international students. The podcast focuses on how Chinese students have prepped for attending college in the United States, from moving to the States as early as elementary school in order to plug into the American education system to hiring college application agents to help with both the procedural and substantive aspects of applying to schools to attending workshops designed to help students acclimate to American culture. Indeed, many boarding schools that are recruiting international students have created orientation programs that teach American etiquette and focus on assimilation. 

Considering there are over 800,000 international students enrolled in 4-year U.S. colleges this year and Chinese applicants are increasing 25% from year to year, the process has definitely gotten more difficult and will continue to be competitive for international students. Hopefully, AdmitSee can help connect international applicants with students who are from their hometowns or who share similar backgrounds to obtain personalized guidance and advice. We’re looking to launch our mentoring feature which will allow applicants to contact Admits directly so international applicants can find people just like them who were accepted into their dream schools!

Fittingly, the podcast about U.S. college applications was published on the 4th of July. Listen to the full podcast HERE.

Thanks to Ilse Calderon (Stanford), Jian Zhang (NYU) and Mindy Zou (UPenn) for providing their insights!

Were you an international student? What was your experience of applying to U.S. schools like? What strategies and resources did you use? Do you think AdmitSee will be useful for international applicants? Share your stories or advice in the comments section below!

hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!

jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Early Admission Class of 2022 Notification Dates

What date do early decision results start to roll in?College applicants vying for a spot in the Class of 2022 will hear back from their first applications throughout this upcoming week. We’ll update this...