Advice from a William & Mary Student: How I Saved On Tuition

With some universities’ tuitions rising above $60,000 per year, university students are all looking for ways to save valuable tuition dollars.  Neil, a current student at William & Mary, suggests to look for creative or untraditional ways to save money but still get a great education.

When deciding which college to attend, the often overlooked factor is tuition, because students consider academics and campus life first when they look at schools. However, none of that matters if you can’t afford to go there.

After graduating high school, I attended Northern Virginia Community College, as did a lot of my graduating class. Why? Because this community college had a two-year automatic acceptance program with surrounding universities in Virginia. I ended up paying about 20% of my current tuition for those two years. Then, I got automatic acceptance to William & Mary to finish out my degree!

My advice to future college students is to look for programs such as this at your local community college, or at universities you are considering. Students at community colleges may start out there, but they can end up with everyone else. The only difference? You get to graduate with less debt! 

tngreen55593

Accepted to Georgetown, UT Austin, Texas Christian, Texas A&M, Richmond, Pepperdine

A hard worker that is living the dream.
Katherine…

Accepted to Middlebury, Duke, Claremont (CMC), Bates, Georgetown, UVM, Stanford, Bowdoin, Colgate, Tufts

I'm currently on a gap year before starting at Stanford in the fall. I would love to talk to anyone about taking a year off or the application process.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions
extreana
Tufts ‘18

Accepted to CMU, BC, Tufts, Northeastern

Just a rising sophomore trying to help my peers find a school that fits them best! Ask me about engineering, essays, or life in general.

Early Admission Class of 2022 Notification Dates

What date do early decision results start to roll in?College applicants vying for a spot in the Class of 2022 will hear back from their first applications throughout this upcoming week. We’ll update this...

Engineering Summer Academy Program at Penn

Interested in engineering? Take it to the next level this upcoming summer by applying to the Engineering Summer Academy Program at University of Pennsylvania. Engineering Summer Academy at Penn (ESAP) The Engineering Summer Academy at...

5 Questions to Ask Your College Interviewer

Don’t be surprised to open your email and receive an interview invite with one of the colleges you applied to! College interview season is here. While the college interview is not mandatory, if you...