13 Celebrities who attended amazing colleges!

Did you know Rashida Jones was pre-law at Harvard and David Duchovny wrote a novel at Princeton? Here are 13 celebrities you probably didn’t know went to amazing colleges!

1) Molly Sims: Vanderbilt, Pre-Law

She was a member of Vanderbilt’s Delta Delta Delta sorority and planned on becoming a lawyer. Then her roommate suggested submitting photos to New York modeling agencies… She was signed in 1993 and dropped out soon after. Sims’ big break came in 2000 when she was on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue and scored a hosting job on MTV’s House of Style.

2) Jodie Foster: Yale, Literature (1985)

As a child star, Jodie Foster had her pick of colleges. She chose Yale based on campus culture. In a 1980 interview with Roger Ebert, Jodie explained: “I visited several of the Ivy League campuses, and I liked Yale the best. Yale boys aren’t your obnoxious rah-rah types. Harvard was too polite for me; I think they brought out all the polite people. Princeton was…too beautiful. The student rooms on campus at Yale have separate entrances, not like the big dorms on a lot of campuses. They even have coed rooms.” She was supposed to graduate in 1984, but took a year off before senior year.

3) Elizabeth Banks: UPenn, Communications (1996)

While at UPenn, she went by the name Liz Mitchell (she changed her last name to avoid confusion with the actress Elizabeth Mitchell). Don’t be fooled by the ditzy character she plays in Pitch Perfect - she graduated magna cum laude with a concentration in theater arts. It took a lot of hard work. In an interview with Penn’s newspaper, she reflected: “I think I slept an average of three to four hours a night all four years I was there.” She was in the sorority Delta Delta Delta. 

rodmoretti

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!
SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)
Serena2020

Accepted to Harvard, UChicago, Northwestern, Swarthmore, Emory, Oklahoma U, UKentucky, K College , OU, Alma

Premed on track to graduate a year early. But I love my school! National merit scholar, into surgery, arts & community…

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.

7 Types of Second Semester Seniors
7 Types of Second Semester Seniors

If you’re a high school senior right now, you’ll know all about Senioritis. (Unless you’re #7.)Standardized tests, college application essays, FAFSA forms… senior fall is no fun. Thankfully, you’re (almost) finally...