13 Easy Ways To Pretend You Were at Coachella

Coachella is one of the most popular and most anticipated events in the year for teenagers and young adults all over the world. It gathers almost 100,000 attendees per weekend. Unfortunately, it’s not exactly an affordable music festival, especially for college students on a budget. If you’re feeling the #FOMO and fed up with hearing how others are having an amazing time, it’s time to join in:

1. Tweet about how excited you are to go to coachella! Don’t forget to include a photo of the Coachella box tickets.

2. Instagram potential Coachella outfits for your friends to help you make your final choice.

3. Snap a few photos with the flower crown snapchat filter and add it to your stories.

4. Make sure you mention #vibes when you talk about Coachella. Coachella-goers love #vibes.

5. Check-in on Facebook and Foursquare that you’re traveling to Palm Springs.

6. Instagram a photo of the airbnb or hotel you’re staying at. (Just pull it from airbnb itself)

7. Listen to spotify playlists of your favorite artists in the line up.

8. Wake up early to see the sunrise, get dressed and take a selfie of you all decked out in your Coachella gear.

9. It’s important to have at least one landscape photo. (You can just use this one.)

10. And one night photo of Coachella as well. (Feel free to take this one too)

A photo posted by Greg Sadlier (@gsadlier) on

11. Don’t forget to “remind” others you were there.

12. See celebrities mentioned on twitter? Hop on that wave and tweet that you just saw them walk by too! Everyone loves a good #spotted tweet.

13. Finally, don’t forget to whine about how exhausted you are at the end of Day 3, but you regret NOTHING.  

​Hope that didn’t make you feel even more #FOMO. Don’t forget there’s always next year, so save up and make sure you make it to Coachella 2017! To get you started, create an AdmitSee profile! You get a $10 signup bonus and you never know how much you can earn in a year!

tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.