The Scavenger Hunt That Boosts Your Resume

* Sponsored Post

For many students, part of the college experience is being on a tight budget: scavenging for free food and events. One of the ways to get around that is by getting job. However, most on campus jobs are mind-numbingly boring, sucking up your precious free time for minimum wage. Thankfully there’s a new way to get paid while having fun and doing what you love.

Campus Pursuit is a marketing company that uses scavenger hunts to create brand interactions with college students. You’ve likely seen Campus Pursuit users in action - feverishly digging behind couches and fighting for the winning prize. They weren’t crazy, they were on a mission. Through the app, students get push notifications about prizes that have been hidden on campus, and have to follow clues and solve riddles to find the location. The adrenaline rush from these scavenger hunts help brands create long lasting relationships with college students.

Campus Pursuit was founded in 2013 by Binghamton University roommates Scott Wisotsky and Shachar Avraham to help brands advertise to college students. “We were inspired by an opportunity to impact the college marketing industry through a unique and interactive way,” explained Shachar. “Who doesn’t love free stuff?”

As a college student, you can get paid for serving as a Campus Pursuit Brand Ambassador. Even if you don’t need the money, it’s a great way to build your resume while having fun and gaining marketing and sales experience. Brand Ambassadors are responsible for closing deals with local businesses, marketing the app to classmates, and hiding prizes once a week in the scavenger hunts (hint: you should probably refer to them as “on-campus events” when you list it on your resume). No experience necessary. Campus Pursuit trains and guides their ambassadors.

Benefits of being a Campus Pursuit Brand Ambassador: 

• Earn $500-600 on any single deal you close with a local business
  • Get paid for each student you get to download the Campus Pursuit app

• Receive free product samples and goodies from participating brands

Campus Pursuit is active on 14 campuses and is expanding to 50 by fall 2016. Find out how you can join an active school or start your own. Rolling applications means right now is a great time to apply.

BGrove

Accepted to Duke, UT Austin, GA Tech, Washington, Arizona

I am a normal person: I promise. I am a big sports fan who will be attending Duke to watch basketball (and hopefully graduate with an economics degree).
    nten_nyiam

Accepted to MIT, CalTech, UChicago, Macaulay Honors

I am a technologically inclined person who likes puzzles, video games, tutoring, late night cramming, and helping others.
    nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.
    ltan98
    Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!