Inside Look: Cornell University

Headed to Cornell, one of the Ivy League colleges located in Ithaca, NY, next year? Jackie, a senior majoring in Economics shares her admitted student advice and insight on her favorite places around campus - they’re gorges!

Cornell is a large school and there are many places to hang out, study and meet friends. When it comes to studying there are many libraries where you can find a quiet place to get to down to business before that big exam as well as many areas to work with a team on a group project or presentation. For Applied Economics and Management majors like me, we often go to Mann Library in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences quad. There are many places for quiet study, as well a slew of group project rooms where you can work with your team. Also, Mann has a professional printing service on the first floor where you can print letter size documents as well as a variety of large poster sizes. Overall, Mann Library is one of the sot popular places to study on campus because it has the perfect balance of social and serious.

“Collegetown” is where most upperclassmen live and where most Cornellians go to hang out with friends, grab dinner or relax with a latte. One of the most popular places is Collegetown Bagels. A café and bagel shop, CTB as it is known, is a great place for a quick lunch, a creative coffee concoction or a tasty sweet. With outdoor seating in the warmer months, it is a great place to enjoy the afternoon. However, be prepared for long lines in the morning and at the lunch hour, as great minds certainly do think alike!

Read more about Jackie here!

youngch

Accepted to Baruch, Binghamton, Brooklyn College, Hunter, Macaulay Honors, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, SUNY Buffalo, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia

I grew up in New York City, Bronx and Brooklyn to be exact. I went to pretty big public schools and once you find a supportive yet motivating group of friends, teachers, advisors, and counselors to complement your family, life becomes a whole lot better!
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!

kltaylor96

Accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Elon , William & Mary, Centre, Campbell

I am someone who always shoots for the moon so that if I miss, I will land among the stars.

USC Merit-Based Scholarships You Should Know About

Worried about how you can afford to attend a private university? If you’re applying to the University of Southern California, there are a few merit-based scholarships you should know to alleviate the cost. As...

Student Insight: What to Expect from College Interviews

Not sure what to expect from a college interview? We asked 5 students to share their college interview experiences with you. First thing you should know about college interviews is that they are not required. More...