Inside Look: Cornell University

Headed to Cornell, one of the Ivy League colleges located in Ithaca, NY, next year? Jackie, a senior majoring in Economics shares her admitted student advice and insight on her favorite places around campus - they’re gorges!

Cornell is a large school and there are many places to hang out, study and meet friends. When it comes to studying there are many libraries where you can find a quiet place to get to down to business before that big exam as well as many areas to work with a team on a group project or presentation. For Applied Economics and Management majors like me, we often go to Mann Library in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences quad. There are many places for quiet study, as well a slew of group project rooms where you can work with your team. Also, Mann has a professional printing service on the first floor where you can print letter size documents as well as a variety of large poster sizes. Overall, Mann Library is one of the sot popular places to study on campus because it has the perfect balance of social and serious.

“Collegetown” is where most upperclassmen live and where most Cornellians go to hang out with friends, grab dinner or relax with a latte. One of the most popular places is Collegetown Bagels. A café and bagel shop, CTB as it is known, is a great place for a quick lunch, a creative coffee concoction or a tasty sweet. With outdoor seating in the warmer months, it is a great place to enjoy the afternoon. However, be prepared for long lines in the morning and at the lunch hour, as great minds certainly do think alike!

Read more about Jackie here!

What You Need to Know About Brown's PLME
What You Need to Know About Brown’s PLME

Dreamt about being a doctor since you’re kid? If so, then you need to know about Brown University’s PLME. What is Brown’s PLME? Brown’s Program in Liberal Medical Education, more commonly...

Introduction to College Grading Curves
Introduction to College Grading Curves

98% accuracy may not be a realistic goal in college; luckily, professors may use curves to save your 68% from destroying your GPA. As a high school student, you are probably accustomed to raw scores being final...

What to Ask on a College Tour
What to Ask on a College Tour

Touring colleges is a quintessential high school experience, and a great opportunity to learn about prospective schools. ​Every college student is able to recognize the starry-eyed high schoolers who swarm campus regularly to explore and...