Inside Look: Cornell University

Headed to Cornell, one of the Ivy League colleges located in Ithaca, NY, next year? Jackie, a senior majoring in Economics shares her admitted student advice and insight on her favorite places around campus - they’re gorges!

Cornell is a large school and there are many places to hang out, study and meet friends. When it comes to studying there are many libraries where you can find a quiet place to get to down to business before that big exam as well as many areas to work with a team on a group project or presentation. For Applied Economics and Management majors like me, we often go to Mann Library in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences quad. There are many places for quiet study, as well a slew of group project rooms where you can work with your team. Also, Mann has a professional printing service on the first floor where you can print letter size documents as well as a variety of large poster sizes. Overall, Mann Library is one of the sot popular places to study on campus because it has the perfect balance of social and serious.

“Collegetown” is where most upperclassmen live and where most Cornellians go to hang out with friends, grab dinner or relax with a latte. One of the most popular places is Collegetown Bagels. A café and bagel shop, CTB as it is known, is a great place for a quick lunch, a creative coffee concoction or a tasty sweet. With outdoor seating in the warmer months, it is a great place to enjoy the afternoon. However, be prepared for long lines in the morning and at the lunch hour, as great minds certainly do think alike!

Read more about Jackie here!

brianlin
WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire
Ryanh914

Accepted to American, Cornell, Northwestern, Florida, Ohio State, FSU, UNC

UNC '18 from Charlotte, NC.
youngch

Accepted to Baruch, Binghamton, Brooklyn College, Hunter, Macaulay Honors, Duke, JHU, Northwestern, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, SUNY Buffalo, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia

I grew up in New York City, Bronx and Brooklyn to be exact. I went to pretty big public schools and once you find a supportive yet motivating group of friends, teachers, advisors, and counselors to complement your family, life becomes a whole lot better!

Emory University: Essay Topics & Personal Statement Examples

Applying to Emory University this fall? If you are just getting started on your application essays, get some inspiration from these successful essay excerpts:1. Overcoming Personal StruggleEssay Excerpt from DooleypeanutsEmory University ‘22 Neuroscience and Neurobiology “The...

5 Tips to Help You Look for Scholarships this Summer

Summer after junior year in high school is a great time for you to start looking and applying for scholarships. Why? You’ll get more for your efforts. It’s not something most applicants are...