Inside Look: Cornell University

Headed to Cornell, one of the Ivy League colleges located in Ithaca, NY, next year? Jackie, a senior majoring in Economics shares her admitted student advice and insight on her favorite places around campus - they’re gorges!

Cornell is a large school and there are many places to hang out, study and meet friends. When it comes to studying there are many libraries where you can find a quiet place to get to down to business before that big exam as well as many areas to work with a team on a group project or presentation. For Applied Economics and Management majors like me, we often go to Mann Library in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences quad. There are many places for quiet study, as well a slew of group project rooms where you can work with your team. Also, Mann has a professional printing service on the first floor where you can print letter size documents as well as a variety of large poster sizes. Overall, Mann Library is one of the sot popular places to study on campus because it has the perfect balance of social and serious.

“Collegetown” is where most upperclassmen live and where most Cornellians go to hang out with friends, grab dinner or relax with a latte. One of the most popular places is Collegetown Bagels. A café and bagel shop, CTB as it is known, is a great place for a quick lunch, a creative coffee concoction or a tasty sweet. With outdoor seating in the warmer months, it is a great place to enjoy the afternoon. However, be prepared for long lines in the morning and at the lunch hour, as great minds certainly do think alike!

Read more about Jackie here!

aebrennen

Accepted to Yale, UPenn, Davidson, UNC, UMich, Emory, Northwestern, Wake Forest, UVA, UKentucky, William & Mary, Miami OH, Vanderbilt

Passionate about education from the great state of Kentucky.

Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.

842 Early Applicants Join Yale University's Class of 2022
842 Early Applicants Join Yale University’s Class of 2022

On December 14th, 842 early applicants were offered admissions to be a part of Yale University’s Class of 2022. Yale University accepted 14.6% of the 5,733 candidates that applied to Yale’s early action program. Yale’s early...

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Tips for New AdmitSee College Users
Tips for New AdmitSee College Users

Welcome to AdmitSee, College Students! As you transition from high school student to college student in real life, you should do the same on AdmitSee. Here are our tips on what to include, how to...