Early Application Results Are In! Now What?

​It felt like yesterday students were just stressing out about submitting their applications for the Early Action and Early Decision Program at their respective dream schools. We want to say that time passes by when you’re having fun, but for college applicants who are waiting urgently to hear back, these 1.5 months have been a tough wait. To help keep you on track for regular decision deadlines, here’s a fun flow chart to guide you to your next step:

If you got accepted… Congratulations, you’re in! We certainly hope that it’s your top choice because that means you’re already done with the college application process. All the sleepless nights and hard work paid off, and you should be super excited for what’s in store for you in the next 4 years. While it is something to be celebrated, remember to be considerate of your friends and classmates who are still working at their chance of getting into their dream school. And, if this school you were accepted to was just a target, now’s your chance to reach for the stars. 

If you got deferred… it’s okay to be a little upset. Your hard work and dedication you put towards this college application wasn’t validated, but that doesn’t mean you’re not a quality candidate. Don’t believe us? Hear it from these students at Stanford, NYU and Loyola: they were all deferred. Being deferred means you still the admissions office saw potential in your application or because they weren’t certain about your commitment to the school. How can you convince them that you can reach your potential at their school? Or that you are committed? We thought you’d ask, so the AdmitSee team put together a package of our favorite profiles of students who were deferred to help you with your applications! 

If you got rejected… let it out, and cry a little. Team AdmitSee has been in your shoes before, so we know how much it hurts. Remember, it’s what you make of out the current situation you’re in that will decide where you’ll be in the future. Now is the time to get back to your desk and figure out what part of your application sticks out. Is there anything that doesn’t match the rest of your application? Does your essay sound like you? We have a full database of college application profiles waiting to help you write yours. Take advantage of it! 

BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!
tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, JHU, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19
elewal

Accepted to Brown, Cornell, CMU, Wesleyan, William & Mary, Case, Villanova, Binghamton, RPI, WPI

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Brown University studying Biochemistry and English. I love writing, baking, hiking, and music.