Early Application Results Are In! Now What?

​It felt like yesterday students were just stressing out about submitting their applications for the Early Action and Early Decision Program at their respective dream schools. We want to say that time passes by when you’re having fun, but for college applicants who are waiting urgently to hear back, these 1.5 months have been a tough wait. To help keep you on track for regular decision deadlines, here’s a fun flow chart to guide you to your next step:

If you got accepted… Congratulations, you’re in! We certainly hope that it’s your top choice because that means you’re already done with the college application process. All the sleepless nights and hard work paid off, and you should be super excited for what’s in store for you in the next 4 years. While it is something to be celebrated, remember to be considerate of your friends and classmates who are still working at their chance of getting into their dream school. And, if this school you were accepted to was just a target, now’s your chance to reach for the stars. 

If you got deferred… it’s okay to be a little upset. Your hard work and dedication you put towards this college application wasn’t validated, but that doesn’t mean you’re not a quality candidate. Don’t believe us? Hear it from these students at Stanford, NYU and Loyola: they were all deferred. Being deferred means you still the admissions office saw potential in your application or because they weren’t certain about your commitment to the school. How can you convince them that you can reach your potential at their school? Or that you are committed? We thought you’d ask, so the AdmitSee team put together a package of our favorite profiles of students who were deferred to help you with your applications! 

If you got rejected… let it out, and cry a little. Team AdmitSee has been in your shoes before, so we know how much it hurts. Remember, it’s what you make of out the current situation you’re in that will decide where you’ll be in the future. Now is the time to get back to your desk and figure out what part of your application sticks out. Is there anything that doesn’t match the rest of your application? Does your essay sound like you? We have a full database of college application profiles waiting to help you write yours. Take advantage of it! 

nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.
tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...

Brown University Class of 2022 Results Released

Brown University admits 738 early decision applicants from the largest early admission application pool Brown has had since the early application program started 16 years ago. The 738 students who received good news from Brown make up 21.1% of...