Early Application Results Are In! Now What?

​It felt like yesterday students were just stressing out about submitting their applications for the Early Action and Early Decision Program at their respective dream schools. We want to say that time passes by when you’re having fun, but for college applicants who are waiting urgently to hear back, these 1.5 months have been a tough wait. To help keep you on track for regular decision deadlines, here’s a fun flow chart to guide you to your next step:

If you got accepted… Congratulations, you’re in! We certainly hope that it’s your top choice because that means you’re already done with the college application process. All the sleepless nights and hard work paid off, and you should be super excited for what’s in store for you in the next 4 years. While it is something to be celebrated, remember to be considerate of your friends and classmates who are still working at their chance of getting into their dream school. And, if this school you were accepted to was just a target, now’s your chance to reach for the stars. 

If you got deferred… it’s okay to be a little upset. Your hard work and dedication you put towards this college application wasn’t validated, but that doesn’t mean you’re not a quality candidate. Don’t believe us? Hear it from these students at Stanford, NYU and Loyola: they were all deferred. Being deferred means you still the admissions office saw potential in your application or because they weren’t certain about your commitment to the school. How can you convince them that you can reach your potential at their school? Or that you are committed? We thought you’d ask, so the AdmitSee team put together a package of our favorite profiles of students who were deferred to help you with your applications! 

If you got rejected… let it out, and cry a little. Team AdmitSee has been in your shoes before, so we know how much it hurts. Remember, it’s what you make of out the current situation you’re in that will decide where you’ll be in the future. Now is the time to get back to your desk and figure out what part of your application sticks out. Is there anything that doesn’t match the rest of your application? Does your essay sound like you? We have a full database of college application profiles waiting to help you write yours. Take advantage of it! 

SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)
ayinUChicago

Accepted to Duke, Brown, NYU, UChicago, UNC, East Carolina, NC State

I'm a class of 2018'er at UChicago studying Economics and Psychology! Super interested in start-ups and economics.

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring English teacher.
tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

7 Types of Second Semester Seniors
7 Types of Second Semester Seniors

If you’re a high school senior right now, you’ll know all about Senioritis. (Unless you’re #7.)Standardized tests, college application essays, FAFSA forms… senior fall is no fun. Thankfully, you’re (almost) finally...