Inside Look: Harvard University

Daniel, a freshman student at Harvard, a Cambridge, MA institution that is often considered one of the most elite colleges in the world, shares where he prefers to study and meet up with his friends on campus. Make sure to check out these spots the next time you’re in the Boston area!

As a freshman at Harvard College, much of life revolves around Harvard Yard.  To study, Lamont Café, located in the 24-hour Lamont Library, is the hot spot for collaborative work.  I can usually do work in my room, but if I need to get an essay knocked out in a quiet space I will head over to the Lamont Library study spaces.  Lamont is nice because it has ample quiet space and many collaboration rooms.  Widener Library gets all the press-it is famous because the university promised not to touch a brick after completion-but it doesn’t stay open late enough and is too busy with tourists for me to get any work done. 

Social life is concentrated in the dorms themselves.  Being from Southern California, I can’t stand the cold weather that plagues (or at least plagued) Cambridge for the majority of the school year.  That means students avoid spending too much time outside (or at least that’s just me).  If I’m going to meet up with friends, we’ll convene at Annenberg Hall, the freshman dining hall, and discuss plans over a meal.  Otherwise, we will meet up in my room or a friend’s room and devise a plan.  The freshmen social scene at Harvard is nice - having all the freshmen concentrated in Harvard Yard makes it easy for people to meet up to study or hang out - but the cold weather, like many other schools in the northeast, makes it difficult to be outside for the majority of the year.

To read more about Daniel, visit his AdmitSee Profile!

jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.
Yalie

Accepted to Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Rice, Williams, Amherst, UVA, UNC, W&L U, Rutgers, UVM

Entrepreneurial sophomore Mathematics and Philosophy major at Yale University who also loves the liberal arts.
jackmac401

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship
hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Early Admission Class of 2022 Notification Dates

What date do early decision results start to roll in?College applicants vying for a spot in the Class of 2022 will hear back from their first applications throughout this upcoming week. We’ll update this...