Further Your Education On Your Own Time

Let’s be honest - free time is hard to come by. Whether you’re in college and struggling to finish your workload, or you’re working a 9-5 and don’t have an extra minute to spare, finding time for yourself isn’t an easy thing to do.

That’s where edX comes in. EdX is a nonprofit online learning destination founded by Harvard and MIT. Their goal is to offer high-quality education, so they’ve partnered with some of the world’s top universities and institutions to provide online courses about a variety of subjects. Since it started in 2012, edX has already helped over 7 million learners further their skills through online courses.

Some of edX’s most popular courses cover a number of different topics. CS50x, Introduction to Computer Science, is offered by HarvardX as a great introductory course on the basics of programming. Introduction to Python for Data Science is offered by Microsoft and will give you the necessary understanding of a powerful programming language.

But edX’s courses don’t just stop with computer science. The platform offers classes geared towards high school users, college students, and professionals alike. For high schoolers, courses are readily available, covering introductory math classes all the way to AP Macroeconomics. Those interested in earning college credit can do so with edX as well through the Global Freshman Academy by Arizona State University.

If you’re worried about falling behind in class or are looking to get an extra step ahead in the working world, edX has the classes to help out. Search through the database of courses and find the class that’s right for you.

Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.
hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions

Emory University: Essay Topics & Personal Statement Examples

Applying to Emory University this fall? If you are just getting started on your application essays, get some inspiration from these successful essay excerpts:1. Overcoming Personal StruggleEssay Excerpt from DooleypeanutsEmory University ‘22 Neuroscience and Neurobiology “The...

5 Tips to Help You Look for Scholarships this Summer

Summer after junior year in high school is a great time for you to start looking and applying for scholarships. Why? You’ll get more for your efforts. It’s not something most applicants are...