Further Your Education On Your Own Time

Let’s be honest - free time is hard to come by. Whether you’re in college and struggling to finish your workload, or you’re working a 9-5 and don’t have an extra minute to spare, finding time for yourself isn’t an easy thing to do.

That’s where edX comes in. EdX is a nonprofit online learning destination founded by Harvard and MIT. Their goal is to offer high-quality education, so they’ve partnered with some of the world’s top universities and institutions to provide online courses about a variety of subjects. Since it started in 2012, edX has already helped over 7 million learners further their skills through online courses.

Some of edX’s most popular courses cover a number of different topics. CS50x, Introduction to Computer Science, is offered by HarvardX as a great introductory course on the basics of programming. Introduction to Python for Data Science is offered by Microsoft and will give you the necessary understanding of a powerful programming language.

But edX’s courses don’t just stop with computer science. The platform offers classes geared towards high school users, college students, and professionals alike. For high schoolers, courses are readily available, covering introductory math classes all the way to AP Macroeconomics. Those interested in earning college credit can do so with edX as well through the Global Freshman Academy by Arizona State University.

If you’re worried about falling behind in class or are looking to get an extra step ahead in the working world, edX has the classes to help out. Search through the database of courses and find the class that’s right for you.

vicamit

Accepted to Florida, Vanderbilt, Duke, Emory, UPenn, Miami, Northeastern, UVA, UNC, Georgetown, Rice

Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholar at Vanderbilt and art enthusiast
yuzhushi
UMD ‘20

Accepted to UMD, JHU, Duke, Case, Swarthmore, Penn State

uhoh29
JHU ‘19

Accepted to JHU, Cornell, Northeastern, Fordham, UMD, Wisconsin, Temple

Senior Woodrow Wilson Research Fellow at Johns Hopkins majoring in English and Writing Seminars
VivienneEve23

Accepted to UC Berkeley, Brown, Claremont (CMC), Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Northwestern, Pomona, Stanford, San Diego, Vanderbilt, UCSC, UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, Washington

UC Berkeley Class of 2020