Freshman Roommate Stories: The Good, The Bad & Everything in Between!

Nervous about moving in with your freshman year roommate this fall? We had some of our College Admits to share their freshman roommate stories! The good, the bad and everything in between!

Want to know more about Brandeis? Unlock Zkaufman's Admit Profile now!
Want to know more about Brandeis? Unlock Zkaufman’s Admit Profile now!

Zkaufman: I have had an interesting roommate experience this year. I chose random, and received an international roommate from China. It is pretty obvious, we come from very different worlds and cultures. I like to go to sleep at 1 am, he likes to play video games until 4 am…But beside the difference in sleep schedules, we get along very well. We have had a few fights this year over different aspects we want in the room, but besides that we still have fun and hang out with each other. It was hard to adapt to, but has not been as bad as I was afraid it would be.

Is Georgetown your dream school? Unlock Jtruong95's Admit Profile & find out how she got in!
Is Georgetown your dream school? Unlock Jtruong95’s Admit Profile now!

Jtruong95: After successfully finding a roommate through CHARMS, the e-harmony of roommate matching. My roommate decided to attend a different university last minute and I was left without a roommate. I was so nervous that I would be matched with a wacko. When it was time to move in, I didn’t meet my roommate until the first day of classes, which is insane because classes start almost a week after all freshmen have been on campus. When I finally met my roommate, she turned out to be super cool! As a matter of fact, we’re still rooming now as sophomores.

Want to know more about Harvard? Unlock Dandmandv's Admit Profile now!
Want to know more about Harvard? Unlock Dandmandv’s Admit Profile now!

Dandmandv: Harvard pairs up roommates based on a personality application prior to freshman year. My five-person suite was all matched on the basis that we had a mutual love for sports. Sports, real or virtual, was always on the TV, and many a bets were placed my freshman year. The wagers were mostly small-just a few dollars or so-or physical (go get the pizza we ordered from downstairs). If you have the choice in picking a roommate, definitely try to find someone with like social habits/room cleanliness preference. It makes getting along much easier.

jackmac401

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship
MichaelR

Accepted to Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, UC Berkeley, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, Rice, UMich, UCLA, UNC, UT Austin, Washington, Ohio State, UCSD

Midwestern kid who loves molecular biology and electronic dance music. Let me help you edit your essays!
Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.
littlegreentre…

Accepted to Cambridge, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Brown, UPenn, Columbia, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Swarthmore, Barnard, Wellesley, Duke, NYU, BU

overly ambitious, passionately curious, helplessly perfectionistic

University of Notre Dame 2017-2018 Supplemental Essay Prompts

Interested in applying to the University of Notre Dame? Check out their supplemental essay prompts for this application season! University of Notre Dame is a catholic university located just adjacent to South Bend, Indiana. It...

What I'd Change About My College Applications
What I’d Change About My College Applications

Hindsight is always 20/20. That’s why it’s also important for college students to look back on their college application experience. They were in the same position you were just a year or two ago....

Williams College 2017-2018 Supplemental Essay Prompts

Located in Williamstown, MA, Williams College is ranked number 1 in liberal arts colleges in the U.S. Williams College is one of the most popular liberal arts colleges in the U.S. Being a liberal...