How to Get off the Waitlist

Ellen, a freshman at UCLA, shares her experience of getting waitlisted and what she did to get in!

I still remember the nervousness with which I checked my application status on the day admissions were revealed. I also remember the disappointment I felt upon seeing the word waitlisted on my application. There was some unease at knowing that while all my friends would be knowing where exactly they would be going next year by May 1st, I would still be, in a way, undecided, until I knew my final decisions from the schools I applied to. Yet, I understood that I did have a shot at admission, unlike many of my friends who received an acceptance.

With this knowledge, I did everything I could to continue appealing to the school. I continued achieving high grades into my second semester of my senior year, and constantly had a 4.0 GPA throughout the quarter. I also emailed the admissions office and let them know of my current situation and updated accomplishments since submitting my application in November of the year before. I believe that this persistence put me in good standing within the waitlisted applicants, and believe it or not, a week after May 1st, I was emailed with an acceptance from my waitlisted school!

hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies

SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!

842 Early Applicants Join Yale University's Class of 2022
842 Early Applicants Join Yale University’s Class of 2022

On December 14th, 842 early applicants were offered admissions to be a part of Yale University’s Class of 2022. Yale University accepted 14.6% of the 5,733 candidates that applied to Yale’s early action program. Yale’s early...

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Tips for New AdmitSee College Users
Tips for New AdmitSee College Users

Welcome to AdmitSee, College Students! As you transition from high school student to college student in real life, you should do the same on AdmitSee. Here are our tips on what to include, how to...