Inside Look: Sigma Eta Pi at Stanford University

Media often portrays US colleges to be 4 years of partying in a fraternity or sorority. Though that may be true for some, it isn’t true for all. Some schools don’t even have greek life at all, but if you are thinking about applying to a college that has a very active greek system, then you should also know fraternities and sororities are not all about partying! There are many greek organizations centered around academic pursuits as well as professional networking and careers. Ilse93, a junior at Stanford University, shares with us what it is like to be part of Sigma Eta PI - an entrepreneurship fraternity.

Sigma Eta Pi: things are done different around here. Sigma Eta Pi is the national, premier co-ed only entrepreneurship fraternity on Stanford’s campus. It is incredibly new; Spring 2015 will be the first rush class ever. However, that isn’t to say that SEP is inactive at the moment. A founding class of 10 members is making sure its voice is heard loudly.

Currently, Stanford’s only other “business-minded” co-ed fraternity is Alpha Kappa Psi, which is completely different than Sigma Eta Pi. While AKPsi focuses on finance and consulting careers, SEP places great emphasis on innovation and helping students start their own business ventures. The founding class knows how much potential there is for SEP, especially in a campus as entrepreneurship-minded as Stanford. 

Read on to find out more!

rodmoretti

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!
SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)
jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...