What are you looking for in your college?

As application deadlines near, high school students are asking themselves the hard questions about what matters to them in a prospective university. We asked some of our high school interns how they are making their decision. Here is what Ola, a high school junior in Maryland had to say!

Ola’s college search

Ever since I was little, I have dreamed of going to college in California. I’m from the east coast and I love it in its own way, but for some strange reason I have always wanted to go to school in California. Since then, I’ve narrowed it down to liberal arts schools with political science offerings. I’ve gone to both a small high school with about 100 students, and a large high school with almost 3,000, which has confirmed for me that I want to go to a large college. I prefer colleges that are near big cities so I can go out into the city to have fun and experience new things.

The price and ranking of a college are the two most important things to me when it comes to picking a school. I want to attend one of the top 100 schools in America, but the tuition of these schools is normally very high. I don’t want to spend more than $55,000 per year, but I realize that might be unavoidable. It’s difficult balancing all of the different factors.

Schools that match Ola’s interest

Here are the colleges that match Ola’s interests. Read the application essays of current students to learn what it takes to get accepted. 

Occidental College
Occidental College
Stanford University 
University of Southern California (USC)
University of Southern California (USC)
Pepperdine University

Where do YOU want to go?

Let us know what you’re looking for in a college - we’re always happy to make suggestions! You can submit questions and inquiries through our contact form and we’ll get back to you with lightning speed!

Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.

Yalie

Accepted to Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Rice, Williams, Amherst, UVA, UNC, W&L U, Rutgers, UVM

Entrepreneurial sophomore Mathematics and Philosophy major at Yale University who also loves the liberal arts.