How Did Rising High School Seniors Spend Their Summer?

The summer after your junior year of high school is a great time to build your resume and gain valuable experience that you can cite in your college application essays. Not sure how to spend your summer? Don’t worry, you still have plenty of time! AdmitSee’s interns reached out to their friends to find out how they spent their junior year summers. Here are some the results:

1.) Charles, UConn ‘16: Worked as a sailing instructor at Weekapaug Yacht Club and cleaned boat bottoms for some extra money.

2.) Joonsung, Dartmouth ’17: Worked as a math tutor for money.

3.) Vince, McGill ’15: Helped run football camps with my dad.

4.) Kobby, Georgetown ’17: Gave tours at the State House in Boston.

5.) Danny, Boston University ’16: Worked for my dad and painted houses to make money to buy a car.

6.) Katherine, Vanderbilt ‘18: Interned at an institutional real estate fund in Connecticut and spent a few weeks in South America for a study abroad program.

7.) Emily, Dartmouth ’17: Went to a soccer camp to practice for my last year in school.

8.) Perla, Brown ’16: Took a Kaplan SAT course to help improve my score in the fall.

9.) Josh, Bates ’16: Played AAU Basketball and went to Orlando, Florida for a National Basketball tournament to get looks from coaches.

10.) Deirdre, Georgetown ’17: Got a job at Dunkin Donuts just for extra money.

11.) Connor, Hamilton ’17: Went to a Harvard lacrosse camp to practice and get exposure to colleges.

Do you have a certain question that you know college students can answer? Post your question below and AdmitSee will work on finding you the answer(s)!

Yalie

Accepted to Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Rice, Williams, Amherst, UVA, UNC, W&L U, Rutgers, UVM

Entrepreneurial sophomore Mathematics and Philosophy major at Yale University who also loves the liberal arts.
jackmac401

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship
lmelcher

Accepted to Columbia, Brown, UPenn, Rice, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UVA, UC Davis, UCSD, UCSC, USC

Hey! I'm a John Jay Scholar at Columbia, and I'm from Los Angeles. I'm planning to major in Art History and do ballet and theater. Hope I can help!