How Did Rising High School Seniors Spend Their Summer?

The summer after your junior year of high school is a great time to build your resume and gain valuable experience that you can cite in your college application essays. Not sure how to spend your summer? Don’t worry, you still have plenty of time! AdmitSee’s interns reached out to their friends to find out how they spent their junior year summers. Here are some the results:

1.) Charles, UConn ‘16: Worked as a sailing instructor at Weekapaug Yacht Club and cleaned boat bottoms for some extra money.

2.) Joonsung, Dartmouth ’17: Worked as a math tutor for money.

3.) Vince, McGill ’15: Helped run football camps with my dad.

4.) Kobby, Georgetown ’17: Gave tours at the State House in Boston.

5.) Danny, Boston University ’16: Worked for my dad and painted houses to make money to buy a car.

6.) Katherine, Vanderbilt ‘18: Interned at an institutional real estate fund in Connecticut and spent a few weeks in South America for a study abroad program.

7.) Emily, Dartmouth ’17: Went to a soccer camp to practice for my last year in school.

8.) Perla, Brown ’16: Took a Kaplan SAT course to help improve my score in the fall.

9.) Josh, Bates ’16: Played AAU Basketball and went to Orlando, Florida for a National Basketball tournament to get looks from coaches.

10.) Deirdre, Georgetown ’17: Got a job at Dunkin Donuts just for extra money.

11.) Connor, Hamilton ’17: Went to a Harvard lacrosse camp to practice and get exposure to colleges.

Do you have a certain question that you know college students can answer? Post your question below and AdmitSee will work on finding you the answer(s)!

SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.
clovescirrus

Accepted to Princeton, Dartmouth, Rice, JHU, UVA, UMD, CMU, Vanderbilt

Princeton class of 2020, choir nerd, lover of language. Writing is my favorite thing to do, and I'd love to help you brainstorm/write/revise.

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Early Admission Class of 2022 Notification Dates

What date do early decision results start to roll in?College applicants vying for a spot in the Class of 2022 will hear back from their first applications throughout this upcoming week. We’ll update this...