How Did Rising High School Seniors Spend Their Summer?

The summer after your junior year of high school is a great time to build your resume and gain valuable experience that you can cite in your college application essays. Not sure how to spend your summer? Don’t worry, you still have plenty of time! AdmitSee’s interns reached out to their friends to find out how they spent their junior year summers. Here are some the results:

1.) Charles, UConn ‘16: Worked as a sailing instructor at Weekapaug Yacht Club and cleaned boat bottoms for some extra money.

2.) Joonsung, Dartmouth ’17: Worked as a math tutor for money.

3.) Vince, McGill ’15: Helped run football camps with my dad.

4.) Kobby, Georgetown ’17: Gave tours at the State House in Boston.

5.) Danny, Boston University ’16: Worked for my dad and painted houses to make money to buy a car.

6.) Katherine, Vanderbilt ‘18: Interned at an institutional real estate fund in Connecticut and spent a few weeks in South America for a study abroad program.

7.) Emily, Dartmouth ’17: Went to a soccer camp to practice for my last year in school.

8.) Perla, Brown ’16: Took a Kaplan SAT course to help improve my score in the fall.

9.) Josh, Bates ’16: Played AAU Basketball and went to Orlando, Florida for a National Basketball tournament to get looks from coaches.

10.) Deirdre, Georgetown ’17: Got a job at Dunkin Donuts just for extra money.

11.) Connor, Hamilton ’17: Went to a Harvard lacrosse camp to practice and get exposure to colleges.

Do you have a certain question that you know college students can answer? Post your question below and AdmitSee will work on finding you the answer(s)!

rodmoretti

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.

Emory University: Essay Topics & Personal Statement Examples

Applying to Emory University this fall? If you are just getting started on your application essays, get some inspiration from these successful essay excerpts:1. Overcoming Personal StruggleEssay Excerpt from DooleypeanutsEmory University ‘22 Neuroscience and Neurobiology “The...

5 Tips to Help You Look for Scholarships this Summer

Summer after junior year in high school is a great time for you to start looking and applying for scholarships. Why? You’ll get more for your efforts. It’s not something most applicants are...