How I Spent The Summer Before Senior Year: Part 2

​Last week we reached out to students and asked them how they spent the summer before their senior year in high school.  Check out some more of the responses we received from students around the country!

Kevin, University of Washington ’16: Worked out a lot. I rowed a lot with my team to get ready for crew season.

Felicia, Boston College ‘15:  Began her college search process and enrolled in two courses at Boston College to get a feel for BC and a sneak peek at the college work load.

Greg, Bentley College ’14: Toured the colleges he was interested in and spoke to admission counselors about how he could improve his chances.

Mike, Bowdoin College ’14: Worked at his father’s construction company to save up money, while also taking SAT classes.

Peter, Providence College ’13: Interned for a local newspaper to build up his journalism experience.

Cristina, UPenn ‘17:Interned at an interior design company in New York City and went to Central Europe for a month then to Colombia for a month.

Aara, Hampton ‘16: Worked at a daycare and sneaker store in Boston.

Makena, UPenn ‘17: Worked at a local restaurant and tutored younger high school kids in Math and Science.

Kelli, UDel ‘17: Volunteered as a counselor at a children’s summer camp and learned a lot about leading others.

Josh, Carnegie Mellon University ‘17: Went to Swaziland on a mission and medical relief trip as my senior project.

VivienneEve23

Accepted to UC Berkeley, Brown, Claremont (CMC), Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Northwestern, Pomona, Stanford, San Diego, Vanderbilt, UCSC, UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, Washington

Los Angeles kid attending UC Berkeley, Class of 2020! Planning on studying business or economics. Go Bears!

beccapenn38

Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?
Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?

As we get closer to the fall, many rising seniors are wondering, “Should I apply Early Decision?” One of our interns, Anita, recalls her decision to apply ED to University of Pennsylvania, why she did...

4 Tips to Manage Work Life Balance in High School

Adults might be surprised, but high school students also find it difficult to juggle a good work life balance.We’ve all been there. You’ve had to cancel your plan with your friends because...