How I Spent The Summer Before Senior Year: Part 2

​Last week we reached out to students and asked them how they spent the summer before their senior year in high school.  Check out some more of the responses we received from students around the country!

Kevin, University of Washington ’16: Worked out a lot. I rowed a lot with my team to get ready for crew season.

Felicia, Boston College ‘15:  Began her college search process and enrolled in two courses at Boston College to get a feel for BC and a sneak peek at the college work load.

Greg, Bentley College ’14: Toured the colleges he was interested in and spoke to admission counselors about how he could improve his chances.

Mike, Bowdoin College ’14: Worked at his father’s construction company to save up money, while also taking SAT classes.

Peter, Providence College ’13: Interned for a local newspaper to build up his journalism experience.

Cristina, UPenn ‘17:Interned at an interior design company in New York City and went to Central Europe for a month then to Colombia for a month.

Aara, Hampton ‘16: Worked at a daycare and sneaker store in Boston.

Makena, UPenn ‘17: Worked at a local restaurant and tutored younger high school kids in Math and Science.

Kelli, UDel ‘17: Volunteered as a counselor at a children’s summer camp and learned a lot about leading others.

Josh, Carnegie Mellon University ‘17: Went to Swaziland on a mission and medical relief trip as my senior project.

Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.
Serena2020

Accepted to Harvard, UChicago, Northwestern, Swarthmore, Emory, Oklahoma U, UKentucky, K College , OU, Alma

Premed on track to graduate a year early. But I love my school! National merit scholar, into surgery, arts & community…
ayinUChicago

Accepted to Duke, Brown, NYU, UChicago, UNC, East Carolina, NC State

I'm a class of 2018'er at UChicago studying Economics and Psychology! Super interested in start-ups and economics.
jackmac401

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship

University of Notre Dame 2017-2018 Supplemental Essay Prompts

Interested in applying to the University of Notre Dame? Check out their supplemental essay prompts for this application season! University of Notre Dame is a catholic university located just adjacent to South Bend, Indiana. It...

What I'd Change About My College Applications
What I’d Change About My College Applications

Hindsight is always 20/20. That’s why it’s also important for college students to look back on their college application experience. They were in the same position you were just a year or two ago....

Williams College 2017-2018 Supplemental Essay Prompts

Located in Williamstown, MA, Williams College is ranked number 1 in liberal arts colleges in the U.S. Williams College is one of the most popular liberal arts colleges in the U.S. Being a liberal...