How Many Colleges Should I Apply To? The Answer is

So, maybe you’ve just began your college search and you would like to know…how the heck am I supposed to narrow down with all these options?! Or, if you’re a little farther along—just about ready to start filling out some applications—and the first question that comes to mind is…how many colleges should I really be applying to?

These are important questions, and AdmitSee can help!  Although the numbers on how many applications you should be filling out vary, here are some general guidelines to help you with your college search.

Try to narrow your options down to approximately 6 to 8 schools. These colleges and universities should be places that you are well-researched on and confident that you could be happy at. Consider factors such as program, curriculum, and degrees; location and size; tuition and possible aid/scholarships; and climate and available extracurriculars. 

Here is how you breakdown the colleges you apply to. 

kltaylor96

Accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Elon , William & Mary, Centre, Campbell

I am someone who always shoots for the moon so that if I miss, I will land among the stars.

Here to mentor and guide you!
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!