How Many Colleges Should I Apply To? The Answer is

So, maybe you’ve just began your college search and you would like to know…how the heck am I supposed to narrow down with all these options?! Or, if you’re a little farther along—just about ready to start filling out some applications—and the first question that comes to mind is…how many colleges should I really be applying to?

These are important questions, and AdmitSee can help!  Although the numbers on how many applications you should be filling out vary, here are some general guidelines to help you with your college search.

Try to narrow your options down to approximately 6 to 8 schools. These colleges and universities should be places that you are well-researched on and confident that you could be happy at. Consider factors such as program, curriculum, and degrees; location and size; tuition and possible aid/scholarships; and climate and available extracurriculars. 

Here is how you breakdown the colleges you apply to. 

uhoh29
Johns Hopkins ‘19

Accepted to Johns Hopkins, Cornell, Northeastern, Fordham, UMD, Wisconsin, Temple

Junior Woodrow Wilson Research Fellow at Johns Hopkins majoring in English and Writing Seminars

Here to mentor and guide you!

UNC Writing Supplement Essay Prompts 2017-2018

Due to its popularity among in-state and out-of-state students, the University of North Carolina is one of the most competitive public universities in the US. The University of North Carolina is the oldest public university...

College Rejection: Understanding the Tufts Syndrome

Ever heard of the term Tufts Syndrome? One of our recently graduated high school interns have and Aditya wants to share with you what it means and how it affects your application. Getting rejected from...

MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts
MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts

Applying to MIT this fall? Check out the 2017-2018 MIT essay prompts!If MIT is your dream school, you should already know that MIT does not use the Common Application. Instead, they have their own...