How National College Signing Day Has Impacted Higher Education

High school students are always pushing hard to learn and grow for a chance to continue their education in college. Aside from a great opportunity to learn, trends show that a college degree is a great way to further a career. After all, as the Georgetown Center on Education and Workforce notes, college graduates earn 85% more money over their lifetimes than high school graduates earn.

michelle obama national college signing day

Applying to college next year?
View the application files, essays and advice of accepted students.

Recently, The White House started the Reach Higher Initiative, founded and led by First Lady Michelle Obama. It aims to encourage students to continue their education past high school, regardless of whether at a four-year university, a professional training program, or a community college. Overall, the White House hopes to return the United States to the top with the highest proportion of college graduates in the world, and Michelle Obama’s Reach Higher is a large step towards that goal.

On April 26, the Reach Higher Initiative celebrated the third annual National College Signing Day. This campaign intends to commemorate students who decide to continue their education, and encourage others to do the same. Since athletes and celebrities are celebrated daily, the accomplishments of those students who decide to head off to college should be celebrated too. Over 600 events were held by educators, counselors, parents, and students to celebrate College Signing Day, and it was a great success. All groups can impact the future of education in different ways, and College Signing Day hopes to grow over the years to come and have a profound effect on higher education. 

Did you decide to go to college on National College Signing Day? Celebrate by sharing your story here on AdmitSee! Create a profile and submit your essays, stats, and pieces of advice to help current high schoolers get into college. Sign up to become a mentor and chat with students who are applying to give them personal advice and help so they can get into your college. 

mm0222

Accepted to Cornell, BC, BU, UMich

Global and Public Health Sciences major at Cornell University

Hello! I'm a senior at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School, and I am concentrating in finance and statistics.