How to Deal with the Stress of Applying to College

As the regular decision deadline is rapidly approaching, AdmitSee here understands how tough and stressful it must be for all applicants out there during this holiday season. So, we had our college interns look back on how they dealt with the stress during the application process, and what any advice they would give to current applicants rushing to meet the January 1st deadline.

Pam.gu: Applying to college was such an intense process! In order to get around the stress, I tried to utilize my breaks as best I could! I spent my summers studying for the SAT and the ACT and took the SAT and ACT during the summer before my senior year. Once that was out of the way, I started looking into application essays in August. Even though Thanksgiving break does not seem like much time, those 4 days can actually make a huge difference! I worked on as much as I could during the times where I did not have to worry about school so that once Winter Break hit I could focus on getting everything in on time!

Jaclynh: I knew before I even filled out my first application that this was going to be a stressful process.  Between the Common App and the supplemental essays, there was a lot that I had to fill out! That being said, I made sure to set aside a little bit of time every day to work on my apps. Managing your time during this process is crucial.  I also would try to distract myself from thinking about it.  Once my applications were all sent in, I knew that there was nothing for me to do—it was out of my hands.

Leave a comment and let us know if you found this helpful and let us know if you have any questions you need answers to!

elewal

Accepted to Brown, Cornell, CMU, Wesleyan, William & Mary, Case, Villanova, Binghamton, RPI, WPI

Hi! I'm a junior at Brown University studying Biochemistry and English. I am very interested in accessible healthcare for marginalized populations. I also love poetry!
jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.
niustephanie

Accepted to Stanford, MIT, GA Tech

STEM outreach enthusiast. Poet. Programmer. Advocate for women in STEM.
kltaylor96

Accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Elon , William & Mary, Centre, Campbell

I am someone who always shoots for the moon so that if I miss, I will land among the stars.