How to Deal with the Stress of Applying to College

As the regular decision deadline is rapidly approaching, AdmitSee here understands how tough and stressful it must be for all applicants out there during this holiday season. So, we had our college interns look back on how they dealt with the stress during the application process, and what any advice they would give to current applicants rushing to meet the January 1st deadline.

Pam.gu: Applying to college was such an intense process! In order to get around the stress, I tried to utilize my breaks as best I could! I spent my summers studying for the SAT and the ACT and took the SAT and ACT during the summer before my senior year. Once that was out of the way, I started looking into application essays in August. Even though Thanksgiving break does not seem like much time, those 4 days can actually make a huge difference! I worked on as much as I could during the times where I did not have to worry about school so that once Winter Break hit I could focus on getting everything in on time!

Jaclynh: I knew before I even filled out my first application that this was going to be a stressful process.  Between the Common App and the supplemental essays, there was a lot that I had to fill out! That being said, I made sure to set aside a little bit of time every day to work on my apps. Managing your time during this process is crucial.  I also would try to distract myself from thinking about it.  Once my applications were all sent in, I knew that there was nothing for me to do—it was out of my hands.

Leave a comment and let us know if you found this helpful and let us know if you have any questions you need answers to!

tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)

UNC Writing Supplement Essay Prompts 2017-2018

Due to its popularity among in-state and out-of-state students, the University of North Carolina is one of the most competitive public universities in the US. The University of North Carolina is the oldest public university...

College Rejection: Understanding the Tufts Syndrome

Ever heard of the term Tufts Syndrome? One of our recently graduated high school interns have and Aditya wants to share with you what it means and how it affects your application. Getting rejected from...

MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts
MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts

Applying to MIT this fall? Check out the 2017-2018 MIT essay prompts!If MIT is your dream school, you should already know that MIT does not use the Common Application. Instead, they have their own...