Take Advantage of Your Summer!

​Few high school students think about doing work over the summer. Even fewer know where to look. You can start by volunteering or interning. If you really want to boost your college application, consider applying to a competitive summer program. Here’s a list of programs to explore:

• Abbey Road Overseas Program: Program to facilitate cross-cultural understanding
  • Academic Connections: UC San Diego: Immerse yourself in a field of study
  • American Collegiate Adventures: Programs to enhance academic abilities
  • CA State Summer School: COSMOS: For Science and Mathematics
  • Carnegie Mellon: Diversity Programs: For architecture, drama, music, and art
  • Tulane University: Emerging Scholars of Environmental Science
  • UPenn Programs for High School Students: Any field of academic study
  • University of Dallas: Abroad Programs
  • UChicago: Youth Scholars Summer Program
  • Tufts Summer Study: College Courses
  • Summer Science Program: California
  • Telluride Association Summer Program: For juniors; personal and intellectual challenge
  • Rhode Island School of Design Pre-College Program: Curriculum of art
  • New York Film Academy’s Summer Film and Acting Camps: Film and acting classes
  • National Youth Science Camp: For aspiring scientists
  • Mathcamp: for those who love math
  • Miami University of Ohio: Summer Scholars Program
  • Indiana University: High School Journalism Institute
  • Johns Hopkins’ Center for Talented Youth: Academic classes and social activities
  • Harvard’s Secondary School Program: For college credit
  • Duke University’s TIP Program: Summer studies and a social experience
  • Cornell Summer College: to practice what college is like
  • Concordia Language Village: Practice different languages
  • Columbia College of Chicago: College classes

Let us know if YOU have completed one of the programs above and help us add to the list in the comments section below!

lmelcher

Accepted to Columbia, Brown, UPenn, Rice, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UVA, UC Davis, UCSD, UCSC, USC

Hey! I'm a John Jay Scholar at Columbia, and I'm from Los Angeles. I'm planning to major in Art History and do ballet and theater. Hope I can help!
jackmac401

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship
jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.