Incredible High School Students: Arsh Shah Dilbagi

Colleges love to see how you turn a challenge into your life into a learning experience or accomplishment.  Arsh Shah Dilbagi did that in a big way, and created something revolutionary in the process.

The world communicates in different languages. But what if your breath could be a language? Thanks to Arsh Shah Dilbagi, even breath can be translated into speech. At the age of only 16, Arsh created a device that could revolutionize the way millions of people communicate. 

Arsh Shah Dilbagi
Arsh Shah Dilbagi

The device uses signals from a person’s breath via Morse Code, which are picked up by a sensor, and transforms them into speech. Shah has named his device Talk. Talk is truly a revolutionary product: it is estimated that 1.4% of the word’s 7 billion people are affected by an illness that leaves them immobilized. This includes those with MS or ALS who cannot form words due to paralysis. 

Dilbagi’s invention, categorized as a Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) device, can significantly improve their ability to communicate every day. “In nutshell, Talk has the potential to change the world by enabling people with disorders like LIS, ALS etc., speech impairments like Dysarthria and even Mutes to communicate and interact with the world like never before,” Dilbagi writes. “It’s my turn to change the world.”

Katherine…

Accepted to Middlebury, Duke, Claremont (CMC), Bates, Georgetown, UVM, Stanford, Bowdoin, Colgate, Tufts

I'm currently on a gap year before starting at Stanford in the fall. I would love to talk to anyone about taking a year off or the application process.

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring English teacher.
Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.

UCLA Class of 2020. Orange County native. I like math and music.

842 Early Applicants Join Yale University's Class of 2022
842 Early Applicants Join Yale University’s Class of 2022

On December 14th, 842 early applicants were offered admissions to be a part of Yale University’s Class of 2022. Yale University accepted 14.6% of the 5,733 candidates that applied to Yale’s early action program. Yale’s early...

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Tips for New AdmitSee College Users
Tips for New AdmitSee College Users

Welcome to AdmitSee, College Students! As you transition from high school student to college student in real life, you should do the same on AdmitSee. Here are our tips on what to include, how to...