Incredible High School Students: Nick D’Aloisio

Nick D'Aloisio
Nick D’Aloisio
At the age of 17 years old, high schooler Nick D’Aloisio made countless headlines for selling his mobile news summarization app Summly to Yahoo for $30 million. D’Aloisio was even named “Innovator of the Year” by the Wall Street Journal. D’Aloisio’s app has made him one of the youngest self­-made innovators in history. And it all started with an app that he wrote in his parents’ bedroom while he was 15 years old. D’Aloisio now works full­time on Yahoo’s mobile engineering team and recently launched the Yahoo News Digest app, an evolution of his Summly app.

D’Aloisio’s inspiring story exemplifies the success that high schoolers can achieve with creative thinking and steadfast determination. His astonishing success at such a young age demonstrates that actively pursuing your interests can truly pay off.

We hope that stories like D’Aloisio’s will inspire you to also think outside of the box and work hard to achieve your dreams!

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring English teacher.
niathuravil
Rutgers ‘20

Accepted to Rutgers, NYU, Fordham, UMass, Colorado, MSU, Illinois, Arizona, Washington

Your local political astronaut with a passion for the prolific things in life.

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...