Incredible High School Students: Nick D’Aloisio

Nick D'Aloisio
Nick D’Aloisio
At the age of 17 years old, high schooler Nick D’Aloisio made countless headlines for selling his mobile news summarization app Summly to Yahoo for $30 million. D’Aloisio was even named “Innovator of the Year” by the Wall Street Journal. D’Aloisio’s app has made him one of the youngest self­-made innovators in history. And it all started with an app that he wrote in his parents’ bedroom while he was 15 years old. D’Aloisio now works full­time on Yahoo’s mobile engineering team and recently launched the Yahoo News Digest app, an evolution of his Summly app.

D’Aloisio’s inspiring story exemplifies the success that high schoolers can achieve with creative thinking and steadfast determination. His astonishing success at such a young age demonstrates that actively pursuing your interests can truly pay off.

We hope that stories like D’Aloisio’s will inspire you to also think outside of the box and work hard to achieve your dreams!

SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)

kltaylor96

Accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Elon , William & Mary, Centre, Campbell

I am someone who always shoots for the moon so that if I miss, I will land among the stars.