Incredible High School Students: Nick D’Aloisio

Nick D'Aloisio
Nick D’Aloisio
At the age of 17 years old, high schooler Nick D’Aloisio made countless headlines for selling his mobile news summarization app Summly to Yahoo for $30 million. D’Aloisio was even named “Innovator of the Year” by the Wall Street Journal. D’Aloisio’s app has made him one of the youngest self­-made innovators in history. And it all started with an app that he wrote in his parents’ bedroom while he was 15 years old. D’Aloisio now works full­time on Yahoo’s mobile engineering team and recently launched the Yahoo News Digest app, an evolution of his Summly app.

D’Aloisio’s inspiring story exemplifies the success that high schoolers can achieve with creative thinking and steadfast determination. His astonishing success at such a young age demonstrates that actively pursuing your interests can truly pay off.

We hope that stories like D’Aloisio’s will inspire you to also think outside of the box and work hard to achieve your dreams!

Yalie

Accepted to Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Rice, Williams, Amherst, UVA, UNC, W&L U, Rutgers, UVM

Entrepreneurial sophomore Mathematics and Philosophy major at Yale University who also loves the liberal arts.
hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies
aebrennen

Accepted to Yale, UPenn, Davidson, UNC, UMich, Emory, Northwestern, Wake Forest, UVA, UKentucky, William & Mary, Miami OH, Vanderbilt

Passionate about education from the great state of Kentucky.
vicamit

Accepted to Florida, Vanderbilt, Duke, Emory, UPenn, Miami, Northeastern, UVA, UNC, Georgetown, Rice

Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholar at Vanderbilt and art enthusiast

7 Types of Second Semester Seniors
7 Types of Second Semester Seniors

If you’re a high school senior right now, you’ll know all about Senioritis. (Unless you’re #7.)Standardized tests, college application essays, FAFSA forms… senior fall is no fun. Thankfully, you’re (almost) finally...