Incredible High School Students: Nick D’Aloisio

Nick D'Aloisio
Nick D’Aloisio
At the age of 17 years old, high schooler Nick D’Aloisio made countless headlines for selling his mobile news summarization app Summly to Yahoo for $30 million. D’Aloisio was even named “Innovator of the Year” by the Wall Street Journal. D’Aloisio’s app has made him one of the youngest self­-made innovators in history. And it all started with an app that he wrote in his parents’ bedroom while he was 15 years old. D’Aloisio now works full­time on Yahoo’s mobile engineering team and recently launched the Yahoo News Digest app, an evolution of his Summly app.

D’Aloisio’s inspiring story exemplifies the success that high schoolers can achieve with creative thinking and steadfast determination. His astonishing success at such a young age demonstrates that actively pursuing your interests can truly pay off.

We hope that stories like D’Aloisio’s will inspire you to also think outside of the box and work hard to achieve your dreams!

tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, JHU, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.

Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?
Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?

As we get closer to the fall, many rising seniors are wondering, “Should I apply Early Decision?” One of our interns, Anita, recalls her decision to apply ED to University of Pennsylvania, why she did...

4 Tips to Manage Work Life Balance in High School

Adults might be surprised, but high school students also find it difficult to juggle a good work life balance.We’ve all been there. You’ve had to cancel your plan with your friends because...