Incredible High School Students: Shree Bose

There are some incredible high school students out there!  Paige, a student at Boston College, told us about an amazing high school student named Shree Bose who now studies at Harvard.  If you are a current high school student, use your own passions to fuel great accomplishments - both for yourself and to help you gain entry to a great university!

Shree Bose
Shree Bose

When she was in high school, Shree Bose certainly put her free time to good use. After watching her grandfather battle cancer, Bose decided she wanted to use her interest for medicine and biology productively to try and end the disease. She began working with The North Texas Science Health Center as a way to explore her passion and gain more experience. After studying a certain type of protein and its reaction with chemotherapy, Bose made a break through in cancer research. She went on to win first place in the Google Global Science Fair, and earned a $50,000 scholarship. After graduating from high school, Bose moved on to Harvard University

This type of experience will definitely stand out on any college application. Shree not only proved how competent and talented she is, but she also showed universities that she is driven and willing to work hard to achieve her passions. Although working in a lab might not be typical of a high school student, if science or medicine is something you’re interested in, trying to find some type of mentorship program will help you further your studies and gain attention from colleges.

To learn more about Shree Bose, check out her TED Talk

niustephanie

Accepted to Stanford, MIT, GA Tech

STEM outreach enthusiast. Poet. Programmer. Advocate for women in STEM.
youngch

Accepted to Baruch, Binghamton, Brooklyn College, Hunter, Macaulay Honors, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, SUNY Buffalo, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia

I grew up in New York City, Bronx and Brooklyn to be exact. I went to pretty big public schools and once you find a supportive yet motivating group of friends, teachers, advisors, and counselors to complement your family, life becomes a whole lot better!

USC Merit-Based Scholarships You Should Know About

Worried about how you can afford to attend a private university? If you’re applying to the University of Southern California, there are a few merit-based scholarships you should know to alleviate the cost. As...

Student Insight: What to Expect from College Interviews

Not sure what to expect from a college interview? We asked 5 students to share their college interview experiences with you. First thing you should know about college interviews is that they are not required. More...