Inside My High School: Incarnate Word Academy

Ever wonder how high school students at other schools feel about their college application process? We sure did! So we asked a few juniors and seniors to share their college application process. Sarah is a rising junior at Incarnate Word Academy in St. Louis. She has been focusing a lot on the upcoming decisions involved in applying to college. Here’s an inside look at where she is in the process…

I have not taken any standardized tests just yet such as the ACT and the SAT. To be completely honest, I am very nervous to take them. I am not completely sure whether I will take the SAT, but I am positive I will take the ACT. I will probably end up taking it in the Fall or Spring of my junior year, and maybe both. I have not thought of a special technique for taking them just yet, but I hope to get advice from friends and family. I know that my school offers an ACT preparation class, especially for the Math and Science portion.

I am hoping to start really visiting colleges my junior year and get an idea of the places I like. I am very interested in St. Louis University, but I am also trying to decide if I want to go to another city for college. I think that it would be an awesome experience to go across the country for college and really experience what it is like in other cities. I would be interested in going to California (Pepperdine University) or New York (New York University) for college. Taking an adventure and going away from my hometown would be scary, but I bet I would actually love it. 

One of my main concerns is not being accepted into a certain college. I am afraid that there will be a perfect college that I love and I will get my hopes up. But, by being realistic I am sure I can have a great experience! I can also help myself by making sure to apply to several colleges. Overall, I have a lot of decisions to make in the next two years of high school, but I hope to make the right choice with the help of others. I think that AdmitSee has also helped my college decisions a lot by helping me see other people’s experiences and by reading their advice.

beccapenn38

uhoh29
JHU ‘19

Accepted to JHU, Cornell, Northeastern, Fordham, UMD, Wisconsin, Temple

Senior Woodrow Wilson Research Fellow at Johns Hopkins majoring in English and Writing Seminars

Emory University: Essay Topics & Personal Statement Examples

Applying to Emory University this fall? If you are just getting started on your application essays, get some inspiration from these successful essay excerpts:1. Overcoming Personal StruggleEssay Excerpt from DooleypeanutsEmory University ‘22 Neuroscience and Neurobiology “The...

5 Tips to Help You Look for Scholarships this Summer

Summer after junior year in high school is a great time for you to start looking and applying for scholarships. Why? You’ll get more for your efforts. It’s not something most applicants are...