Inside My High School: Incarnate Word Academy

Ever wonder how high school students at other schools feel about their college application process? We sure did! So we asked a few juniors and seniors to share their college application process. Sarah is a rising junior at Incarnate Word Academy in St. Louis. She has been focusing a lot on the upcoming decisions involved in applying to college. Here’s an inside look at where she is in the process…

I have not taken any standardized tests just yet such as the ACT and the SAT. To be completely honest, I am very nervous to take them. I am not completely sure whether I will take the SAT, but I am positive I will take the ACT. I will probably end up taking it in the Fall or Spring of my junior year, and maybe both. I have not thought of a special technique for taking them just yet, but I hope to get advice from friends and family. I know that my school offers an ACT preparation class, especially for the Math and Science portion.

I am hoping to start really visiting colleges my junior year and get an idea of the places I like. I am very interested in St. Louis University, but I am also trying to decide if I want to go to another city for college. I think that it would be an awesome experience to go across the country for college and really experience what it is like in other cities. I would be interested in going to California (Pepperdine University) or New York (New York University) for college. Taking an adventure and going away from my hometown would be scary, but I bet I would actually love it. 

One of my main concerns is not being accepted into a certain college. I am afraid that there will be a perfect college that I love and I will get my hopes up. But, by being realistic I am sure I can have a great experience! I can also help myself by making sure to apply to several colleges. Overall, I have a lot of decisions to make in the next two years of high school, but I hope to make the right choice with the help of others. I think that AdmitSee has also helped my college decisions a lot by helping me see other people’s experiences and by reading their advice.

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring English teacher.

Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.

Duke Supplemental Essay Prompts & Examples

Thinking about applying to Duke this Fall? Check out Duke’s supplemental essay prompts and examples from the 2017-2018 application cycle.Duke Application Prompts1. Short Essay Required for Engineering Applicants:If you are applying to...

Student Reviews: Dartmouth College's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Dartmouth College’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Dartmouth College? Look beyond Dartmouth’s Ivy League reputation and see what current Dartmouth students have to say about going to school in Hanover. 1. Dartmouth’s Campus & CultureStudent...

The 10 Stages Of Waiting For College Decisions

Nothing feels more like a judgment of who you are as a person and what you’ve accomplished than college admissions results. As you oscillate between crushing self-doubt and steeled confidence about how your application...