Inside My High School: Incarnate Word Academy

Ever wonder how high school students at other schools feel about their college application process? We sure did! So we asked a few juniors and seniors to share their college application process. Sarah is a rising junior at Incarnate Word Academy in St. Louis. She has been focusing a lot on the upcoming decisions involved in applying to college. Here’s an inside look at where she is in the process…

I have not taken any standardized tests just yet such as the ACT and the SAT. To be completely honest, I am very nervous to take them. I am not completely sure whether I will take the SAT, but I am positive I will take the ACT. I will probably end up taking it in the Fall or Spring of my junior year, and maybe both. I have not thought of a special technique for taking them just yet, but I hope to get advice from friends and family. I know that my school offers an ACT preparation class, especially for the Math and Science portion.

I am hoping to start really visiting colleges my junior year and get an idea of the places I like. I am very interested in St. Louis University, but I am also trying to decide if I want to go to another city for college. I think that it would be an awesome experience to go across the country for college and really experience what it is like in other cities. I would be interested in going to California (Pepperdine University) or New York (New York University) for college. Taking an adventure and going away from my hometown would be scary, but I bet I would actually love it. 

One of my main concerns is not being accepted into a certain college. I am afraid that there will be a perfect college that I love and I will get my hopes up. But, by being realistic I am sure I can have a great experience! I can also help myself by making sure to apply to several colleges. Overall, I have a lot of decisions to make in the next two years of high school, but I hope to make the right choice with the help of others. I think that AdmitSee has also helped my college decisions a lot by helping me see other people’s experiences and by reading their advice.

lmelcher

Accepted to Columbia, Brown, UPenn, Rice, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UVA, UC Davis, UCSD, UCSC, USC

Hey! I'm a John Jay Scholar at Columbia, and I'm from Los Angeles. I'm planning to major in Art History and do ballet and theater. Hope I can help!

hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies
ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!