James Ward: From Homeless to Howard

Some people make do with their circumstances; others change their circumstances.  James Ward certainly is one of the latter types of people - and soon he will have a Howard University degree to prove it.

James Ward
James Ward

James Ward is nineteen years old. He has always wanted to go to Howard University, however, there was one obstacle in his way: he was homeless, and was unable to afford the $32,000 per year tuition fees. Ward set up a PayPal, asking people for help with his dream. Very soon, he was up to $12,000 dollars in donations and ended up with enough money to cover tuition at his dream school. He went “from homeless to Howard” thanks to help from strangers. 

James then set up a charity foundation for those who are in need of financial aid to achieve their own college dreams. “One of the biggest things I’ve learned from my experiences is that, no matter who you are or how scared you are, as long as you ask for help there’s always someone out there who is willing to help you,” Ward said. “More kids should understand that, because if they did, then you never know what could happen.”

Hopefully, James’ incredible story inspires you to chase your dreams, because you can truly do anything if you put your mind to it.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!

Here to mentor and guide you!
Ryanh914

Accepted to American, Cornell, Northwestern, Florida, Ohio State, FSU, UNC

UNC '18 from Charlotte, NC.

842 Early Applicants Join Yale University's Class of 2022
842 Early Applicants Join Yale University’s Class of 2022

On December 14th, 842 early applicants were offered admissions to be a part of Yale University’s Class of 2022. Yale University accepted 14.6% of the 5,733 candidates that applied to Yale’s early action program. Yale’s early...

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Tips for New AdmitSee College Users
Tips for New AdmitSee College Users

Welcome to AdmitSee, College Students! As you transition from high school student to college student in real life, you should do the same on AdmitSee. Here are our tips on what to include, how to...