Learning Like This Could Help You Get Way Better Grades

* Sponsored Post

Until recently, many of the resources available to help students boost their grades were difficult to access. Barriers like cost, time, and distance prevented high school and college students from learning efficiently outside of classroom hours.

But now, personalized learning is gaining steam - and quickly. Ed-tech organizations are investing heavily in new ways to approach personalized learning, and the amount of money funding these projects is increasing every year. Even Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg is donating a portion of his $45 billion contribution to education to developing personalized learning

Let’s take a look at why personalized learning works and what type of ed-tech you can use to access personalized learning.

Why personalized learning works

Studies have shown that students who access one-on-one mentoring and use mastery learning perform at an average of 98% better than their peers who don’t. In fact, we’ve known this for a long time; Benjamin Bloom produced research outlining the benefits of one-on-one education back in 1984.

One-on-one mentoring is key in helping students improve their grades. In this model of learning, students are able to learn more because they can learn at their own pace, use the VARK learning styles that best suit them (visual, auditory, read/written, kinaesthetic), focus on areas of particular difficulty and interest, and form a relationship with their mentor (who could be an accessible teaching assistant on campus or an online tutor).

It’s quite difficult for students to completely master a subject while engaged only in traditional high school, or college classroom models. ‘Mastery learning’ refers to spending the time it takes with a mentor, tutor, teacher, or other subject expert in order to fully understand a subject. Students are able to carry on to new course chapters or topics only when they have a perfect, or ‘mastered’, understanding of all preceding material.

How to get better grades with online tutoring

Online tutoring is one way to access personalized learning that has emerged as a popular go-to for many students across North America over the past few years. Simply put, online tutoring is allowing students to access the best tutors for one-on-one mentorship without barriers of distance and using the most advanced online tools for education.

Connecting with a qualified and reputable online tutor on a regular basis provides one-on-one mentorship and mastery learning. In turn, you can expect far better grades than your classmates and more importantly, than your own grades prior to learning one-on-one in a digital classroom.

Try online tutoring with Skooli today and get 60 minutes free!

Brett Montrose, Guest Blogger
Brett Montrose, Guest Blogger

Connecting students with professional tutors at SkooliBrett is a Marketing Coordinator at Skooli. He is passionate about education, tech, startups, politics, and outer space. In his free time, you can find him running on the Vancouver seawall, at the hockey rink, or at the beach.

ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!

ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!

Student Reviews: Georgetown's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Georgetown’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Georgetown University? See what current Georgetown Hoyas have to say about going to school on the Hilltop.Located in Washington D.C., Georgetown University offers one of the best...