My Favorite Classes: UC Davis

Image by Prayitno via Flickr

College offers the opportunity to take classes from many different departments. sjheinsohn, UC Davis ‘15, takes the time to tell us about her favorite classes so far. With so many different choices, we’re not surprised to see our Admits, like sjheinsohn, choosing a variety of different types of classes. 

Astronomy Lab: This is the coolest class I have taken so far at UC Davis. It is led by a teacher assistant and many enthusiastic students who are properly trained for operating telescopes and identifying astronomical objects. I loved this class because I learned the science behind the beautiful night sky, and I got to see many objects such as nebulae that can’t be seen by the naked eye through a telescope. Also, I became that one cool friend in the group who can give a fun and informative stargazing lesson.

Check out sjheinsohn's profile here!
Check out sjheinsohn’s profile here!

Japanese Popular Culture: I enjoy watching Japanese animation and reading Japanese manga a lot. Japanese Popular Culture, offered by the UC Davis Japanese department, took my understanding of Japanese animation and stories to another level. This class focuses on supernatural works, and covers many interesting topics related to Japanese history and the modern world. I also watched famous Japanese films and learned facts about the development of different genres.

Greek Mythology: As I mentioned earlier, I enjoy stargazing, and I love to know the stories behind every constellation. Greek Mythology is a perfect class for people who want to learn the inspiration behind many works of western literature and for those who just love stories. Learning the real story behind Hercules was beyond surprising. This interesting class is also taught by a passionate professor who keeps the stories entertaining and unforgettable. It is a relaxing class to take among all other stressful classes.

What are your favorite classes? Drop us a note in the comments below.

Whofan26
UC Davis

Accepted to Cal Poly, U of Minnesota, VA Tech, UC Davis

Aspiring Veterinarian with a love for Animals, music, and the creative arts
hungryturtle
UC Davis

Accepted to UC Davis, UCSD, Cal Poly, UC Riverside , SDSU, UCSC

I am a Mexican American attending UC Davis pursuing a BS in Electrical Engineering!
mcworona
UC Davis

Accepted to UC Davis, UCSC, SFSU, UVM, Fordham

I'm a sophomore in the UC Davis Honors Program who loves to learn and is passionate about social justice.
tuantang0801
UC Davis

Accepted to UC Davis, UCSC, UCSB, UC Irvine, Santa Clara, USC, San Diego

First year Electrical Engineering Student at UC Davis (as of 2014-2015). I wrote about Dragon Ball Z for my first personal statement and a soccer incident that altered my view on friendships for the second one.