My Favorite Classes: University of California - Davis

The courses you take in college can have a huge impact not only on your time in school, but also how you view the world around you.  Sjheinsohn, a senior at University of California, Davis, shares some of her first-year courses as a Japanese major.

Want to know more about UCDavids? Check out
Want to know more about UCDavids? Check out sjheinsohn’s Admit Profile!

1. Japanese Language: As a Japanese major, my Japanese language classes were vital to my career. I learned how to read, write, speak, and understand Japanese. How cool is that?! All of my senseis were very helpful and passionate about their work, and it’s no coincidence that people who study Japanese are super outgoing and friendly. Thanks to my Japanese skills, I was able venture to Japan to participate in a volunteer internship, which was a blast. Language classes truly open your mind to the world!

2. Discoveries and Concepts in Nutrition: This is one of the most popular classes at UC Davis, and for good reason! Taught by Dr. Liz Applegate, a nationally renowned expert on nutrition and fitness, this is essentially an introduction to nutrition course. This class teaches the basics of nutrition, and answers fundamental questions such as, “why do I need fiber?” and “what are amino acids? Fun fact, this is the largest nutrition class in the nation

3. Introduction to Acting: One of the funnest classes I have ever taken. I learned so much about the intricacies of acting and the theater. Everyday we would do stimulating activities such as “walking the space” or “zip zap!” We got to see how costumes and stage sets are designed.  We had two major performances to do, and they were super fun!  This class allowed me to utilize my creativity and meet fun people!

Find this interesting? Leave a comment and let us know!

Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!

Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?
Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?

As we get closer to the fall, many rising seniors are wondering, “Should I apply Early Decision?” One of our interns, Anita, recalls her decision to apply ED to University of Pennsylvania, why she did...

4 Tips to Manage Work Life Balance in High School

Adults might be surprised, but high school students also find it difficult to juggle a good work life balance.We’ve all been there. You’ve had to cancel your plan with your friends because...