My First Weeks at University of California, Irvine

Going into the first weeks of college, everyone feels the same way - nervous, excited and everything in between - but everyone experiences it different. Ryan T., a freshman at UCI, shares his take on what the first few weeks of college was like: 

Planning go to UCI? Unlock Ryan T’s Admit Profile now!

I couldn’t wait to start. It felt like an eternity leading up to that first day. I had imagined the life I was about to live until suddenly–it was a reality. It was strange, confusing, and a little scary taking those first steps out the car. So much was going on everywhere: people hugging their parents goodbye, hauling around their belongings, struggling to find their destinations. It was overwhelming to say the least.

I arrived at my dorm first, and eagerly awaited my high school best friend – my new roommate. When he finally came and we settled in, neither of us knew how to feel or what to do. There was so much chaos as everyone nervously introduced themselves all around us. My naïve excitement soon faded. College wasn’t just a far off thought anymore, it was real, and it was happening now.

UCLA Class of 2020. Orange County native. I like math and music.
clovescirrus

Accepted to Princeton, Dartmouth, Rice, Johns Hopkins, UVA, UMD, CMU, Vanderbilt

Princeton class of 2020, choir nerd, lover of language. Writing is my favorite thing to do, and I'd love to help you brainstorm/write/revise.
littlegreentre…

Accepted to Cambridge, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Brown, UPenn, Columbia, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Swarthmore, Barnard, Wellesley, Duke, NYU, BU

overly ambitious, passionately curious, helplessly perfectionistic
vicamit

Accepted to Florida, Vanderbilt, Duke, Emory, UPenn, Miami, Northeastern, UVA, UNC, Georgetown, Rice

Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholar at Vanderbilt and art enthusiast