My First Weeks at University of California, Irvine

Going into the first weeks of college, everyone feels the same way - nervous, excited and everything in between - but everyone experiences it different. Ryan T., a freshman at UCI, shares his take on what the first few weeks of college was like: 

Planning go to UCI? Unlock Ryan T’s Admit Profile now!

I couldn’t wait to start. It felt like an eternity leading up to that first day. I had imagined the life I was about to live until suddenly–it was a reality. It was strange, confusing, and a little scary taking those first steps out the car. So much was going on everywhere: people hugging their parents goodbye, hauling around their belongings, struggling to find their destinations. It was overwhelming to say the least.

I arrived at my dorm first, and eagerly awaited my high school best friend – my new roommate. When he finally came and we settled in, neither of us knew how to feel or what to do. There was so much chaos as everyone nervously introduced themselves all around us. My naïve excitement soon faded. College wasn’t just a far off thought anymore, it was real, and it was happening now.

Hi! I'm a Williams '19 transfer who's passionate about social justice, tech, and STEM. I'd love to share what I learned from navigating this hectic process twice!
brianlin
WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire
rodmoretti

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!

7 Types of Second Semester Seniors
7 Types of Second Semester Seniors

If you’re a high school senior right now, you’ll know all about Senioritis. (Unless you’re #7.)Standardized tests, college application essays, FAFSA forms… senior fall is no fun. Thankfully, you’re (almost) finally...