My First Weeks at University of California, Irvine

Going into the first weeks of college, everyone feels the same way - nervous, excited and everything in between - but everyone experiences it different. Ryan T., a freshman at UCI, shares his take on what the first few weeks of college was like: 

Planning go to UCI? Unlock Ryan T’s Admit Profile now!

I couldn’t wait to start. It felt like an eternity leading up to that first day. I had imagined the life I was about to live until suddenly–it was a reality. It was strange, confusing, and a little scary taking those first steps out the car. So much was going on everywhere: people hugging their parents goodbye, hauling around their belongings, struggling to find their destinations. It was overwhelming to say the least.

I arrived at my dorm first, and eagerly awaited my high school best friend – my new roommate. When he finally came and we settled in, neither of us knew how to feel or what to do. There was so much chaos as everyone nervously introduced themselves all around us. My naïve excitement soon faded. College wasn’t just a far off thought anymore, it was real, and it was happening now.

ibonito
UChicago

Accepted to UChicago, UMich

I'm from Metro Detroit and passionate about the intersection between sustainability and business. Huge fan of dancing, traveling, fashion, and helping you with your applications!
NYU

BGrove
Duke

Accepted to Duke, UT Austin, GA Tech, Washington, Arizona

I am a normal person: I promise. I am a big sports fan who will be attending Duke to watch basketball (and hopefully graduate with an economics degree).
Stanford