My First Weeks at University of California, Irvine

Going into the first weeks of college, everyone feels the same way - nervous, excited and everything in between - but everyone experiences it different. Ryan T., a freshman at UCI, shares his take on what the first few weeks of college was like: 

Planning go to UCI? Unlock Ryan T’s Admit Profile now!

I couldn’t wait to start. It felt like an eternity leading up to that first day. I had imagined the life I was about to live until suddenly–it was a reality. It was strange, confusing, and a little scary taking those first steps out the car. So much was going on everywhere: people hugging their parents goodbye, hauling around their belongings, struggling to find their destinations. It was overwhelming to say the least.

I arrived at my dorm first, and eagerly awaited my high school best friend – my new roommate. When he finally came and we settled in, neither of us knew how to feel or what to do. There was so much chaos as everyone nervously introduced themselves all around us. My naïve excitement soon faded. College wasn’t just a far off thought anymore, it was real, and it was happening now.

jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.

ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!