Overheard at UC Berkeley

We’re sure you’ve all experienced this before. Whether you’re walking down the hall or joining a group at the dining hall, you’re bound to hear something out of context, inappropriate, or hilariously weird that makes you do a double take. AdmitSee is gathering the best of the best from each college campus. Today, we take you inside UC Berkeley

At the dining halls: “Are you more of Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw” (Twitter: @jcstoy)

The clear choice is always Gryffindor.

At the Career Center: An employer shared, “In interviews I like to ask candidates to spell their names backwards.” 

This is a cruel, cruel game for dyslexic students.

In a Cal bio class: “What if all of this is ****…conspiracy man” (Twitter: @BeatricePopesc) 

What if cells aren’t cells?! What if DNA isn’t really a double helix but they just want to make it doubly hard for us?! 

Out on the quad: “Is it fetty wob, or fetty wap” (Twitter: @Elijschwartz)

Uhh… Hey, what’s up? Hello.

In OChem review: “Dude I’m so about to drop out of school and sell drugs” (Twitter: @BeatricePopesc)

Man, that’s bad… Breaking bad.

Some common room: “I’m going to send you a panic-stricken email about my project sometime this week.” (Twitter: @Soundslikepuget)

If you’ve never had a panic attack over a school project, congratulations. You have your life together more than the rest of us.

Well, there you have it! Do you go to Cal? Leave us a comment and let us know what else you’ve overheard on campus. We’ll update our blog with your submissions. 

Kaitlyn_Albers

Accepted to UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC Davis, UCSD, Cal Poly, SDSU, UCSB

UC Berkeley Class of 2019
CALculator

Accepted to UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCSB, Cal Poly

Berkeley Engineering. Low SAT. Doing Great!
cindy888

Accepted to UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, WashU, UCSD, NYU, BC, UCSB, UC Davis, UC Irvine

Avid traveler, video gamer, reader, and History geek. UC Berkeley '21 (History/Political Economy double major, Pre-Law)

Student Reviews: Georgetown's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Georgetown’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Georgetown University? See what current Georgetown Hoyas have to say about going to school on the Hilltop.Located in Washington D.C., Georgetown University offers one of the best...