Inside Look: Campus Culture at UPenn

Campus culture is important to consider when choosing a university, because it will be your home for four years.  Phoebe, a rising sophomore at the University of Pennsylvania, tells us about the social aspect of being a student at Penn and what it is like to live in Philadelphia, PA. When deciding what school to ultimately attend, make sure to look into the campus culture at the universities you are considering!

Weekends for most people at Penn (it seems) entail going out to frat parties on Friday/Saturday nights and then doing homework on Sunday nights. People in my hall also hang out a ton on the weekends because a lot of them are super close. Penn also sponsors weekend events like Holi (which was this past week and involved everybody throwing colored chalk at each other—that was really fun) and Spring Fling, which is this coming week. 

Philadelphia offers a ton of things to do outside of Penn as well. I’ve gone tacqueria surfing with a group of friends, seen a few movies at the Rave (which is only a couple of blocks from my dorm), and jogged to Chinatown/ Center City when the weather is nice. However, if I have a midterm the following Monday I will spend the whole weekend studying. 

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.
Tufts ‘18

Accepted to CMU, BC, Tufts, Northeastern

Just a rising sophomore trying to help my peers find a school that fits them best! Ask me about engineering, essays, or life in general.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions

Student Reviews: Dartmouth College's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Dartmouth College’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Dartmouth College? Look beyond Dartmouth’s Ivy League reputation and see what current Dartmouth students have to say about going to school in Hanover. 1. Dartmouth’s Campus & CultureStudent...

The 10 Stages Of Waiting For College Decisions

Nothing feels more like a judgment of who you are as a person and what you’ve accomplished than college admissions results. As you oscillate between crushing self-doubt and steeled confidence about how your application...

Class of 2022 Regular Decision Notification Dates

College decisions are drawing closer. With so many different notification dates to keep track of, we’ve put together a list of Class of 2022 release dates to help you manage it all. March 14th, 2018Massachusetts...