Inside Look: Campus Culture at UPenn

Campus culture is important to consider when choosing a university, because it will be your home for four years.  Phoebe, a rising sophomore at the University of Pennsylvania, tells us about the social aspect of being a student at Penn and what it is like to live in Philadelphia, PA. When deciding what school to ultimately attend, make sure to look into the campus culture at the universities you are considering!

Weekends for most people at Penn (it seems) entail going out to frat parties on Friday/Saturday nights and then doing homework on Sunday nights. People in my hall also hang out a ton on the weekends because a lot of them are super close. Penn also sponsors weekend events like Holi (which was this past week and involved everybody throwing colored chalk at each other—that was really fun) and Spring Fling, which is this coming week. 

Philadelphia offers a ton of things to do outside of Penn as well. I’ve gone tacqueria surfing with a group of friends, seen a few movies at the Rave (which is only a couple of blocks from my dorm), and jogged to Chinatown/ Center City when the weather is nice. However, if I have a midterm the following Monday I will spend the whole weekend studying. 

brianlin
WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire
nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.
htownbrown

Accepted to Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, UPenn, Pomona, Williams, Amherst, Claremont (CMC), Northwestern, Vanderbilt, USC, JHU, UC Berkeley, UT Austin, UNC, Tulane, UMich, Georgetown

An aspiring lawyer who wants to make a difference in the world.