Power of Near-Peer Mentorship Messaging Platform

Check out this piece about the power of near-peer mentors in the Higher Ed application process, by our very own Zvia Schoenberg! 

Applying to both college and graduate school is such a mysterious process that most don’t even know where to start. So, if you want someone to talk to, how do you find a current student or an alumni of the school of your choice? 

The Answer? The AdmitSee Mentorship Platform. Students with similar interests who are just a year or two ahead of you may turn out to be your most effective mentors. On AdmitSee you can search our massive database of college and grad school applications, find students just like yourself, and have them serve as mentors. 

“While your parents or the “experts” can also give you great guidance, they can’t always tell you about the current culture of a school they graduated from 30 years ago.”

Want to read more about the power of a near-peer mentorship platform? Read the full article here! 

LorLop
CMU ‘21

Accepted to CMU, RPI, Stevens, New Jersey IT

Carnegie Mellon University Computer Engineering Student

Accepted to Williams, Claremont (CMC), Amherst, Swarthmore, Pitzer, Northwestern, Tufts, WashU, Grinnell, Rice, Emory, LMU, Wesleyan

I’m an Econ & Bio major who’s passionate about STEM, social issues, and design. As a transfer, I learned a lot from navigating this hectic process twice, and I’m excited to help!
masagold

Accepted to Columbia, Stanford, Yale, USC, Northwestern, Georgetown, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UMich, BC, CMU

jazz guitarist, philosophy major, pre-law, coffee-lover
ryanbada

Accepted to UC Berkeley, UCSD, UC Irvine, UCSB, UCSC, CSULB, San Jose State, SDSU, Cal Poly, San Diego, U San Fran, Emerson

A first-generation student expected to attend UC Berkeley planning to major in Media Studies and minor in Journalism and Conservation and Resource Studies.