Quiz: What Should Your College Major Be?

Can your favorite dog decide what your college major should be? Take our quiz to find out!

>Nursing: You have a caring nature and a strong desire to help others. You’re a quick thinker and love the unexpected. If you aren’t already, you would make a great nurse. Not in college yet? Have you considered applying to Georgetown’s NHS? 

Biology: You’re excited about how things work and get excited about figuring it out. You adore animals and as a kid you always wanted to help out in the garden. If you aren’t already, you would be a great biologist. Everyone knows Johns Hopkins has one of the best science/pre-med programs, so consider it for your college list!

Engineering: You’re smart, determined and you love math. You want to change the world and constantly try to come up with the next big thing. You have an innovative brain and you’re a heard worker. If you aren’t already, you would be a great engineer, especially at MIT

Psychology: Not only are you a great listener but all your friends trust you with their secrets because you a have the capability to see everyone’s point of view. You are fascinated to find out what people’s motives are behind their actions. If you aren’t already, you would be a great psychologist. Stanford has one of the best psychology program among many others. 

Economics: You’re a leader, ambitious and you love competition. When you know what you want you are great at figuring out how to get it. Enjoy running the world. If you aren’t already, you would be a great economics major. Economics is one of the most popular majors across the country, but if you’re truly passionate about it, UChicago might be a good choice. 

Political Science: You are a born leader and no one has ever questioned that. You aren’t afraid to ask tough questions and you know that the path to a better world is great leadership. You have exceptional communication skills and love coming up with new ideas. If you aren’t already, you would be a great political science major. UPenn offers majors in this field that is unique to them - find out whether it is a good fit for you!

Communications: You have always been a great story teller and have a feisty personality. You love being in front of people and presentations are your specialty. You love to negotiate and resolve conflicts. If you aren’t already, you would be a great communications major. Not all universities offer a communications major, so make sure you do your research! USC is one of many that have a separate department specifically for communications and journalism. 

Art: You know that without art life would be pointless. You love to listening to music and you aren’t a big fan of deadlines. You have a rebellious attitude due to wanting to do and create things that no one else does. If you aren’t already, you would be a great artist. Depending on what kind of art you are interested in, the schools you would apply to will differ. For example, Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) is a great school for the traditional arts, and Carnegie Mellon, UVA and Syracuse have fantastic architecture programs. 

English: You are great at conveying your voice into writing. You love getting lost in a book and a analyzing great works of art like Shakespeare. Attending writing parties is just a casual Thursday for you. If you aren’t already, you would be a great English major. The world may have been taken over by STEM, but there are still a lot of English majors out there, and there’s no better place to major in it than Harvard

History: You know that studying the past will help you make informed decisions in the future. You are good at memorizing numbers and different eras fascinate you. If you aren’t already, you would be a great history major. Yale has one of the best History programs ever, so start there and make your way through other universities that have a strong history program!

ayinUChicago

Accepted to Duke, Brown, NYU, UChicago, UNC, East Carolina, NC State

I'm a class of 2018'er at UChicago studying Economics and Psychology! Super interested in start-ups and economics.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!
youngch

Accepted to Baruch, Binghamton, Brooklyn College, Hunter, Macaulay Honors, Duke, JHU, Northwestern, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, SUNY Buffalo, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia

I grew up in New York City, Bronx and Brooklyn to be exact. I went to pretty big public schools and once you find a supportive yet motivating group of friends, teachers, advisors, and counselors to complement your family, life becomes a whole lot better!